Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

good pregnancy book?

hi just wondered if anyone can recommend a good pregnancy book?

i am in early preg with my third, but i just fancied getting myself a new pregnancy book, as the one i have was ancient when i got it when i was preg with my first (who is 5)...it is seriously outdated..all the preg ladies in the pics are wearing massive floral dresses, anjd the prams are from the 70s/80s i think!

a hilarious read, but id liek something a bit more up to date x

Replies

• Options
    G/Cing but my favourite was 'Your Pregnancy Week by Week' by Lesley Regan. Its only ??12 on Amazon! x
  • Options
    Hi hun,
    I borrowed this one from the library and it's fab, even hubs is impressed image

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Day---Day-Pregnancy-Book-Comprehensive/dp/1405332107/ref=sr_1_22?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1280516409&sr=1-22

Congrats on your pg xxx
  • Options
    'What to expect when expecting' has been my bible for the last 30 weeks! It's got all the info you could need and has answered all the questions I've had along the way. xx
  • Options
    I got the pregnancy bible on a friends recommendation. It was fantastic, so informative without being either patronising or too full of medical stuff that some of the others can be. It has a what is baby doing and a what is your body doing section for each week. I would highly recommend it.
  • Options
    I started with a couple I thought were quite rubbish, like 'Pregnancy for modern girls'. I also read Gina Ford, as it was passed on to me, and though controversial, has some interesting ideas (though will need adapting.

The best book I have read was passed on to me, and its huge (you won;t be reading it in the bath!) but fantastic, and quite inspiring - 'Birth and Beyond' by Dr Yehudi Gordon.

From an alternative perspective, I'm also enjoying Child of Our Time, by Robert Winstone and Tessa Livingstone, which goes with the TV series and looks at childhood from a more scientific and psychological aspect.
  • Options
    Hi, I havent actually bought any baby books but have been given 9 so far and my bible has been "Your Pregnancy week by week" by Dr Glade B. Curtis and Judith Schuler. Its got all information throughout your pregnancy and I just love it, although I think it is quite old it hasnt dated x