Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Any advice please

Hi all

I am 5 + 1. This is my second pregnancy. Our first was still born @ 25 weeks due to pre eclampsia. I now have to take a low dose asprin and have been doing for a week. Also last week i had the flu jab. Now i have pain all over my body. Its sore to the touch like im bruised everywhere, legs arms back chest the lot. Ive rang NHS direct they said a midwife will call back in the next 2 days as they are very busy and so it doesnt seem like its and emergancy. Anyone had anything similar or have any suggestions. I can cope with the pain its not that bad like i said its like im bruised.

Thanks x

Replies

• Options
    Hi Missnelly, I am 16+3 and also on low dose aspirin too and had my flu jab last week. I didn't have what you are decsribing afterwards though but it could be a side effect of the flu jab. The only part of me that was sore was my arm the next day. What dose of aspirin are you on? I am on 81mg and so have had no real side effects from it. Hopefully you will find the aches will go in a few days. Take a look at this website it states that aches are a common side effect.

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/flushot.htm#whatarethe
  • Options
    Im on 75mg at the min. My doctor is pretty useless so i am waiting im waiting until i see the midwife next friday. Its a weird thing its not like and ache its only sore to touch
  • Options
    I had swine flu last year, and one of the first symptoms was that I started to ACHE all over, exactly as you describe - it was difficult to get comfortable, as whichever part of my body I lay on, it hurt.

I think I would push this further if I were you - Ive not heard of the flu jab causing aching all over? Usually just in the arm that you get it in?

If you call NHS Direct and make a fuss, they might ask you to come in, just to be checked.

Good luck x
  • Options
    update

Ive been to the docs this morning and he says its a virus. My temp is ok, chest and heart sounds fine, bp is a little low but ok and pee test showed no infection.

He said i will prob start to feel a bit rotten soon (nice) but it wont harm bean (thank god)
  • Options
    Really glad to hear it - hope you feel better soon

xx
  • Options
    Thanks hun xx

I dont feel so ill ....... Yet!