Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jan 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Saying goodbye to our bean

Looks like it wasn't meant to be. Have been having bleeding so went to epu for a scan. Couldn't find a heartbeat. I am so sad...sat on sofa crying...

Now have to decide what to do next....does anyone have any advice? Would really appreciate it.

Replies

• Options
    I am so sorry you are going through this. It is never easy. Have the dpi said anything at all on how to deal or if any treatment is needed? Big hugs x
  • Options

Im so sorry hun to hear that, I couldnt just read and run but sadly i dont have any advice i can give you but to talk to your doctor and close friend / partner about it your not alone.  Sending you big hugs xxxx

• Options
    Hi Claire531,

So sorry to hear this. I also had a missed miscarriage back in November, although they asked me to go back in a week just to make sure I hadn't got my date wrong, when we went back there was still no heart beat and it had shrunk slightly rather than doubled in size as they would have expected. I was given 3 options 1) let it come away naturally 2) have it surgically removed 3) take medication to induce a miscarriage. At first I opted got 1) but got home and realised that I couldn't bear the wait and not knowing when it would happen so I went back to the hospital for option 3. I felt that this would be better as you know exactly when it will happen. They gave me a pill there and then and then 2 days later I had to insert some pills. Once i inserted them, within the hour I started to cramp and bleed.

Only you can decide which option is right for you but I felt that option 3 was better managed as you can make sure your at home and you have all your comforts around you. I hope this has helped you a little bit, I know you feel really crap right now but it will get easier I promise x take care xxx
  • Options
    Hi claire, im really sorry to hear this. With regards to your options, only.you can decide what you feel is best for yourself, but my experience is this... I had a mmc and I decided to let things happen naturally. Unfortunately things didnt go well and I needed emergency treatment. If it was to happen again I personally would opt for the erpc straight away. Look after yourself and take it easy xxx
  • Options

Hello ladies,

Thanks for all your messages.

Just to update you all. We went for the surgcal option. And I think it was right for us. My husband has been amazing and whilst I know it will take time, we have come to the realisation that it was not meant to be, and something was not working out right.

Thanks again ladies x x x