Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

folic acid?

can I take folic acid pills if I am 24 weeks pregnant?image

Replies

• Options

I have read that you are to take them until your 12th week is complete. Not sure about taking them after that as I stopped.

I would check with your GP/Midwife.

• Options
    Hi

No you only take them for the first 3 months. I never took them. Instead i take pregnacare which has all the vitamins you and baby need and you can take them up till baby is born image x
  • Options

Pregnacare products have folic acid in anyway, I am diabetic and had to talk extra folic acid in the first 12 weeks. It doesn't do any harm to the baby if you take it after that and it's all good for the baby anyway according to the doctors!

• Options
    I dunno then but I got told and also read on quite a few things that you must stop taking folic acid after three months and my friends who are pregnant have also been told that.

All i no with pregnacare is that its safe to have through out pregnancy and says it on the box.

Heres a link i found about folic acid and what other mums and mums to be had to say about it

http://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/59235-folic-acid-do-you-stop-taking-12-weeks.html
  • Options
    thanx