Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Our weaning journey begins!

So I saw my health visitor when Lexie was 4 months old and told her I was thinking of starting weaning soon. She said official guidelines state 6 months but that if I wanted to start early it was entirely my choice and they would support me with a 1 on 1 weaning workshop with their nursery nurse. She is now 19 weeks tomorrow and having tried her with a little baby rice on a few occasions with little to no interest from her, I tried again today and she ate a good few spoonfuls and really enjoyed it! Going to stick with baby rice for now (I have a sachet of fruit flavoured stuff that I'm going to try when she's used to the texture etc) but can't wait to see her tucking in to some fruit n veggies, I loved weaning my first so really looking forward to it again image

Replies

• Options

Ah , bless , can't believe Lexie is 19 weeks tomorrow , it has really flown , hope you're all keeping well , good luck with the weaning , exciting isn't it x x 

• Options

Thank u hun, mad int it, blink and u miss it. Not long for u now x

• Options

I know - can't quite believe it , it really has flown , bet Caitlin is excited , she will be able to help with the feeding , are you spoon feeding or doing baby led n letting her help herself ? x x 

• Options

Just feeding her myself for now she's still a bit small to  even try n grab the spoon. Caitlin doesn't seem fussed she's not a big eater to b honest with u . Can't wait to c ur birth announcement xx

• Options

it is out of my hands, i can not stop watching other mothers breastfeeding their babies, this brings peace in me, although i did breastfeed my child, is this something wrong ?