Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hello My October 2014 mummies to be.....

Hi ladies just doing a little stop pit check on you all before we have our hands full with our bundles of pink and blue....

So a quick update from me 34 weeks now so 6 weeks to go, been in and out of hospital the last 2 weeks, hind waters went and baby is now acting like a plug to stop any thing else going on, iv had steroids and that should help with babies lungs, had a scan done and his gonna be big! his already showing up at 2 weeks in front lol little  chubba.

Had more bloods done today as my liver is finding the pregnancy a tad hard....and got more to be done monday coming....then next thursday a meeting with some top consultant and then again on the 29th september to decide the next step.....Iv also been told i have group b strip image

In all i feel fine, my blood pressure is still a good 114/70 so thats good image iv still not had one day of sickness...crazy really but im not moaning

So i thought id see how your all doing??????

have we got hospital bags packed yet? mine well iv made a start on babes but iv just noticed iv not even got mine yet nor any thing to go in it ooops

(need to waddle to the shops the next week or so) most items have been bought now but still in boxes as tuesday we have a meeting with the housing people ( might have a move on our hands as well before baby arrives)

Hope every one is keeping fit and well image wont be long now lovely ladies xxxx 

Replies

• Options
    Hiya, I have just under 6 weeks to go now . Due 28th October had a rough few days just had no energy what so ever and callapsed due to low iron do now taking iron tablets .

Apart from that I'm ready - babies bag is all done and mine is sort of lol just got to pack some nighties and I'm all done image

Sounds like you've had a bit if a bad time bless you image well won't be too long and out Bubbas will be here image I'd love to have another scan as when I was at the hospital the other day she was feeling my tummy and said we have a chunky monkey in there haha!! Love to know how big he/she is now.. I've bought up to 10lb just in case lol!!

I was a 10lb baby and my husband was nearly 9lb do could have a little chubby in there lol!

Xx
  • Options
    Hi babes same due date!! Unless little monkey comes early for me lol my 1at born was 8lb 14oz so I kinda knew I was not going to carry a little 6/7lb baby lol

How do find the iron pills? Been told I have low iron count but they have not given any thing yet said they need to keep an eye on this liver thing I got going on lol

The extra scans have been nice and he was breached but his now a good monkey and is head down low image

I really need to get my butt in gear a sort out my bag....iv packed a mix of clothing for baby incase he comes early or late image got his blankets, nappies, wipes, and almost every thing he could need for this first few hours packed and I'm sure il pack more in my bag for him lol
  • Options
    I'm hoping baby comes abit earlier as starting to feel very heavy now. But as it's my first my mum keeps saying all first babies are late ... Great lol.

Started taking the iron tablets last Thursday feel abut better but still finding I'm becoming so tired but that is Proberley down to being 35 wks pregnant nearly lol.

So have you found out it's a he?

We left it a surprise I've said boy all along and hubby has said girl we will soon see!

Feeling pretty nervous now though . Hoping to have a water birth

How did your first labour go? X.
  • Options

hi huni yes i found out i could not wait after losing 2 last year i just had to know,

i feel the same so heavy when walking around image its very hard at times, with my first i was a week late but both my sisters frist where early so you never know, my first labour was not bad, the hospital broke my waters and it was all over in around 4.5 hours, i had a back to back baby for my first so hoping this time round his not back to back id like a water birth but with every thing thats happened i cant see it going that way image

• Options
    Ahh bless you, sorry to hear that. I lost one November 2012 that was with ferility treatment. We had 2 years of it all in all then I fell naturally image still can't believe our luck as I was told last year it wouldn't happen without treatment because if the cysts on my ovaries .

4 1/2 hours is nothing at all when you here women going for over a day god that best not be me lol.

Let's hope they still let you have a waterbirth it just sounds like it could be more relaxing. Only thing is you can only have gas and air x
  • Options
    Lol I was in for a few hours before they broke my water but yep 4.5 hours of what they call active labour image sorry about your loss as well, we sound very alike I didn't know I had cysts on my ovaries and I ended up have one side and a tube removed I was also told I would never fall with out medical help but iv proven the doctors wrong! 4 times lol I'm stopping after this one tho and il be happy with my 2 boys image

I will be using gas and air again this time it's magical stuff lol

I'm getting excited to know we are getting close now to the big day!
  • Options

Hi girls iam due the 6th feeling really excited but still hasnt sunk in yrt thst in just iver two weeks I'll be holding a newborn baby,  think its because my dd has only just turned 1 do finding it hard yo imagine another one so soon,  but really am soooo eccited tk se if she will have a little sister or a little brother image x

• Options

Hi All!

How Exciting!

I  just want to wish you all the best with your births and please do come back and let us know how you got on, and of course all about your gorgeous new arrivals!! image

• Options

Hi ladies,

Can't believe we're all so close now to meeting our babies. I'm currently 35+1 & just feeling really tired but no other real problems. This time I have some strange personal growth chart so even though I'm measuring as I would expect (34cm at 34 weeks & 29cm at 29 weeks) my baby is plotting just above the 90th centile & may have to have a growth scan if I'm still measuring big at my next appointment at 36 weeks. Seems a bit crazy as my daughter was born 6lb 10oz at 40+4 & my bump isn't exactly huge but I'm not gonna turn down another peek!!!

I'm hoping for a home water birth so have started putting things into a box rather than a bag but then my hubby can put it all in a bag if needs be. So on Wed my mw is visiting me at home to go through things with me. I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to the labour this time. I can't have a home birth until I get to 37 weeks so between 2 - 8 weeks for me before baby arrives. So excited!!

Oh & iron tablets - not nice!!!

• Options
    Hi ladies,

Im 35+1 with my first and have totally loved being pregnant! I feel like it has gone too easy nothing to worry about! We are having a little girl room sorted just need her furniture put up. I have donr her bag for hospital and just need a few more bits for mine. I am really hoping to come a few days early just for my dad, hes in the army and leaves on my due date for 2 weeks compulsory training in the middle of no where! It's his 1st grandchild aswell! Started on raspberry leaf tea and found bh are stronger after drinking it! Fingers crossed for our little punk bundle in under 5 weeks x
  • Options

morning ladies it is getting very exciting now image 

bloods went well for me thursday, still high risk so iv been booked in to see some medical top dog this coming wednesday so im hoping to get the answers i want image

glad everyone is doing well image

queen you must be very excited i think your due first??

blackkat every thing sounds ace image im still measuring 2 weeks in front lol think his gonna be a big boy lol

Abby i hope your little one shows up in time for your dad to see her image your doing better than me iv not even sorted out bubbas room yet image iv still got to decorate ect and yes all my stuff is still in boxs hahaha, i ordered a tatty teddy cotbed it looks nice just want to get it made up now image 

• Options

Hi ladies!

Glad to hear you're all well/ being well looked after. I'm 37 weeks and full term today. I only finished work yesterday so my 3 yr old and me are still in our jammies today. 

My pregnancy has been slightly more traumatic than last time, but still relatively brilliant and straightforward, so can't complain. I had my routing bloods done at 28 weeks. My doctor rang me a day later to say I was anaemic and could I go and pick up some iron tablets. (They make your poo black! But I feel soooooo much better. I didn't even realise I'd felt so crap!). Then I had more bloods to check my iron levels and they found out I was B12 deficient as well. So been on supplememts. They've also checked my thyroid which is, at the moment, fine (my mum's went underactive in her 2nd pregnancy).

Because I only finished work yesterday, I don;t think it's sunk in that I only have 3 weeks to go! My daughter was 3 days early and I have it in my head she's going to be a week early. That's 2 weeks away! I actually can't wait now. I'm only short and they've estimated her to be 8lb so I'm just in pain! 

Hospital bag is half done :/. Baby has got everything. We're calling her Elodie Lucy. Her big sister is VERY excited, especially as my sister had her little boy 2 weeks ago. Just ready for this bit to be over and the new chapter to start. Got my MW coming Monday and just doing my birth plan. Whoo hoo!

Love to you all xxx

• Options
    Hello charleymoo

Glad to here your all excited as well, sounds like u have had a bit of a rough time with it all, I don't blame u still being in your pj's lol

I can't wait to get to 37 weeks! (Still sitting with my fingers crossed they will induce me)

It's nice the midwife will come out to you, me no such luck lol got to go in soon and arrange what's going to happen with my birthing plan, think this time it will just be left open as long as my other half is with me and he can cut the cord the rest il just have to go with the flow image
  • Options
    It is such a surreal feeling for both me and my partner, we both stood in her room this afternoon after we had put her cot up and both said at the same time cant belive in a matter of weeks our life will be totally different! I have the health visitor coming yo my house on tuesday! Does anyone know why she comes out? X
  • Options

its just to get the ball rolling for once baby is here, i had it as well living in devon.

this time tho its slightly different for us as we are now up in scotland iv had a letter from them saying they will be in touch once baby is here to come and do a home visit xx

• Options
    Hi ladies

How are we all doing??

Exactly a month on Sunday for me image i can't believe how quick these 36 weeks have gone! I feel like they have flown by but I am so ready to meet our little bubba now image xx
  • Options

Hi ladies,

Well I ended up with a growth scan & despite my growth chart plotting this baby on 90th centile the scan showed he's closer to 50th line & weighs approx 6lb 2 (at 36 weeks) so not concerned. My homebirth meeting went rather badly but hope to meet up with mw again next week (with my hubby for support) to make sure she knows that I'm sticking to my birth plan & not following her strict rules. Just need to get to 2nd Oct as I'm not allowed a home birth until then. So between 1-7 weeks & baby will be here (I don't like to think of 1 date as then you get disappointed if they don't come 'on time!!!'

Last time the hv didn't visit me until around 15 days post birth as the mw usually hands you over to the hv at around 10 days (mine took awhile to contact me!!). Not quite sure what they'd do before the baby arrives, maybe just give you lots of leaflets & explain the services available to you.

5 days to go till October starts....!!!image

• Options

Hi ladies

Iv had enough! today i had a fall! smashed my face up and landed on bump! ended up with other half calling 999 and was taken to hospital image

Baby is fine but been told to watch the next 24 hrs for bleeding and extra fluid loss!

yesterday at the hospital the scan went well even tho i cat feel little one he is moving loads, bloods starting to settle down a little and for now they are letting me carry on, iv got bloods next week tuesday and friday and then again the following tuesday and a scan agin on the 8th october when il be 37+1 and then they will decide about inducing me image

• Options

Oh my goodness Sarah! I hope you are ok and not too bruised, I'm glad to here baby is fine. Wishing you all the best. image

• Options
    Thank you I'm black and blue at the moment but on he plus side since my fall baby has been more active! Just got to get to the 8th of October with out any pros and they said they would think about inducement as I'm still leaking fluid xx