Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

PJ/DVD Day - what is this?

The amount of times I've seen mums on fb say they are having a pj day on the sofa watching DVDs is unreal. How does one spend a day like this? Do they have children that just sit still contentedly? I can't get N to sit still for the length of a DVD for love nor money! Plus I'd be bored out of my mind. Just looking for a clearer picture of what a day like this actually is Huh?

Replies

• Options

None of mine will sit and watch a DVD, not even my 5 year old. They do like the tv but only sit and watch it for a little while then are up and off playing again.

• Options

Laugh Me neither, sounds like something I'd love to do and probably should have done before having a baby! Laugh

• Options

Before I had J, me and C would have a PJ/DVD day, mainly if it was too miserable to go out. We'd get snacks, bring the duvet down, and snuggle up

• Options

My pj and DVD day usually consists of us not being bothered to get dressed for hours and my two arguing over which film they'd like to watch, followed by them ignoring it anyway, and then complaining if I turn it off or switch it over etc.

• Options

AK - was C a bit older by then? The mums on fb have children 5 and under.

Pip - that sounds similar to what goes on here!

• Options

It was something we did from the age of 3.

• Options

Off the subject but every time I see your name I want one if the choc bunnies!

• Options

Haha sorry, actually so do I now Tongue Tied

• Options

L will happily sit and watch a dvd as long as we are having cuddles. He gets lonely or bored on his own. I'd love a pj day right now.

• Options

**Pip**

My pj and DVD day usually consists of us not being bothered to get dressed for hours and my two arguing over which film they'd like to watch, followed by them ignoring it anyway, and then complaining if I turn it off or switch it over etc.

This is pretty much what ours are like too.

• Options

chids

**Pip**

This is pretty much what ours are like too.

Same here lol!

• Options

I think its not actually a case of them watching dvds all day - more like you get the duvets, snuggle down, eat crap, dont get dressed as oppossed to watching films all day,