Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Should I be concerned?

I have some really odd symptoms and I'm not sure weather to worry or not?

My right ankle and foot are swollen quite a bit, and my left foot has a little bit of swelling. I haven't hurt them and apart from the skin feeling tight, I have no pain.

I've got a bit of a cold, and my head feels really weird, like buzzy? If that makes sense, and when I turn my head it feels like my vision has to "catch up"? I also have a really sore neck.

Should I just take some paracetamol and go to bed? Or try and get a Dr's appointment?

Replies

• Options

I am no expert but they are quite strange symptoms, I would personally see a dr. Hope you're ok.

• Options

Thank you, I fainted so now going to the Dr's

• Options

Hope you are ok, keep us posted xx

• Options

I wouls see th GP let us know how your doing

• Options

Thank you. Dr didn't seem too concerned and has diagnosed some fancy name for a virus to do with the middle ear. How that makes your feet swell i'm not so sure. going to see how it goes with the tablets he's given me :-) xx

• Options

hope the tablets help hun xx

• Options

Hope you are ok x

• Options

When I read your symptoms I thought labrinythitus(sp) and this soudns like what the doctor has diagnosed. Have they given you very strong ABs?

• Options

Yes! That's what he called it! I couldn't remember what he said. He's given me Cyclizine Hydrochloride one tablet up to 3 times a day when needed? It says they are Antihistemines (sp) does that sound right?

• Options

Thanks all. Feeling very sorry for myself

• Options

ugh, I've had labrynthitis, it's horrible!  It took me about 2 weeks to stop feeling like I was drunk on a boat in a stormy sea (that's what it  felt like to me) and my head 'fizzed' too.  The worst was in bed, as I always felt like I was falling back through the bed, which made me feel really sick.  I can't remember what medication I had though, it was a few years ago now. I remember being told not to drive until it had completely gone, but I couldn't have done anyway as the road would have wobbled around!

I hope it passes quickly x

• Options

Apart from the swelling it sounds like when I get migraines.

Hope you feel better soon x

• Options

I was feeling a little bit better until i had a bath. Thanks everyone :-) x