Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

taking a break

from MD for a while.
I've decided it's not healthy the amount of time I'm logging on. The fact that I feel stuck and a bit broken waiting on the results of Luke's testing means that returning to a baby forum isn't helping, even if I just stay for the OT bits. I've been using the forums as a crutch and inadvertently stopped talking to my husband and family.
I've made a plan to look for some volunteer work to help me get out and improve my confidence and anxiety. I've completed my recent MD PP duties so I feel that now is a good time to sig off. thanks to everyone who has offered me advice and support from the early days to recent times.
Maybe I'll be back, who knows?

Replies

• Options

Sorry that yoyr taking a break, hope to see you back at dome point with good news! Take care of yourself x

• Options

what about popping to hitched for a bit? the OT section will be mroe than happy to have you hun xxx

• Options

We will miss you Carole, but completely understand why you are stepping back. Good luck with volunteering and Luke's tests, please,pop back from time to time to let us know how you are getting on xx

• Options

Good luck with everything Carole. I can see that having a break could be a very good idea. Good luck for the test results when you finally get them and hope that you find some volunteering work.  

• Options

Best wishes Carole, hope to see you back soon. Xx

• Options

Will miss you Carole but sounds like you're doing the right thing :) x

• Options

Hope you're ok carol, you need to do what's best for you. Hope to see you here again sometime.

• Options

Take care of yourself Carole xx

• Options

Putting yourself first is the right thing to do. I hope you rediscover the happy confident you and that if we don't see you back here it is because you're loving and living life. Good luck with it all-you will be missed xx

• Options

Thinking of you Carole. I had to take some time away recently too as I felt internet was getting in the way of family life! Hope you come back again as I'd love to know how L is getting on xxxxx