Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Fresh apricots as a first baby food?

hi, does anyone know if there is any issue with giving a baby apricot purée as a first food. Baby is 23 weeks.

Replies

• Options

I'm not sure about apricots but I think baby rice is the thing to give first. You could always give HV a call him x

• Options

I would actually avoid apricots as they can be a bit of a diuretic and can give a bit of a bad tummy sometimes. I would try purees like steamed or boiled apples, butternut (blends down really well) carrots, pears, that kind of thing first. 

• Options

It’s totally fibe :) I’d boil with a bit of water and pure apple juice and blend till smooth. I’m steering clear of all fruit (my poor girls haha) and only giving them babies and baby porridhe or rice for the first month so they learn to love veggies. I can’t wait till they taste it! I always go to the discounted section at the grocery store and get the the fruit thats about to expire it’s so cheap and I just cook it up on the day and freeze. I’ve got a stockpile of fruit purrees now that cost me next to nothing :)

• Options

Oh my god I’m not feeding them babies 😭 I meant veggies! I’m really tired ok hahaha sorry for the typos