Forum home Birth clubs Due in February 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in February 2019 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

Ah congratulations Emantro!!!

FayeUk at 10 days overdue you must be next!!!

• Options

Ohhh I hope so, but not holding my breath, at this rate I think im gonna give birth to a 18 year old. 😣 xxx

• Options

Oh you poor thing. feels like forever but will soon be forgotten once LO is here! 

Have you managed to do your crocheting?

• Options

Yes I have, I finished the blanket today, tomorrow mum and dad are taking me out to keep me occupied, bless them, although I think my dad is dreading it, just incase my waters break in front of him, think if he had his way I would of been on house arrest from 35 weeks. 😁 xxx 

• Options

Awww congratulations Emantro

😩😩😩 I’m still waiting I don’t think the sweep worked for me.. I’ve been walking up and down the stairs but no show. I really don’t wanna go for another sweep.. and I’ve been reading the inductions hurt more 😬😬😬

• Options

The only thing I can suggest if you’re getting impatient is sex🙈 I went into labour an hour later so that either worked or he was going to come anyway but it’s worth a try 🤷‍♀️😂 

good luck to you all, the end is near and it’s totally worth it in the end ☺️Xx

• Options

Fayeuk I genuiny hope your waters break in front of your dad now!  Just for the story! 

Jink I’ve heard that yoo, but have also heard of great labours afyer induction! 

Emantro - so everyone keels saying! I’d like to know if There’s a difference sex vs orgasm though! 

• Options

Congratulations emanatro!!

Im 2 days over due... had a sweep this morning! I’m 3cm dilated, and midwife could feel blushing waters and top of babies head! Also passed lots of mucus plug and a bit of blood after! So fingers crossed !!😂😂 I’ve had start and stop contractions for 3 days! i thought sex would’ve worked but apparently Not 😂

• Options

Buldging*** 😂

• Options

I feel like I'm missing so much time with baby being nearly two weeks overdue and off work for weeks waiting for them to arrive from 38 weeks... I'm getting no signs and really didn't want to be induced but know that's what's going to happen on Tuesday. 5 days but it still feels forever. I hate being told baby is really engaged but trapping my cervix behind as I feel like the baby maybe wanted to come and it's my body that's stopping their arrival! 

I hear that the point of sex is the prostaglandins in the sperm help soften cervix, whereas orgasm is for oxytocin the happy hormone which relaxes you but doesn't have the prostaglandins 

• Options

Em1188...I know exactly how you feel, I finished work at 38 weeks, and like you very overdue, 11 days today!!! I feel like I've had wasted time at home when I could of worked a bit longer and had more time with the baby. Booked in to be induced tomorrow, and I'm dreading it, although I really want to have my baby now, I didn't want it to happen this way. Although I did have a bit of a 'show' this morning, so im hoping my body will start doing what it should and being induced will just give me a helping hand. I've also resigned myself to the fact that its gonna be painful and I will be having whatever pain relief is available. Im just hoping that all this extra baby cooking isnt going to produce a 10lber as the baby was measuring big 4 weeks ago😱. Xxx

• Options

So I lost my mucus plug this morning... Just wondering do I have to call my midwife to let her know. (My mother in law and sister in law are on my case to call the midwife) surely the midwife doesn’t need to know. I just want the labour to start now. 

• Options

Thanks for the message and good luck for tomorrow Fayeuk. I think a positive mindset is all we can attempt at the moment and just try and relax and know you'll be seeing your baby soon. I'll be not too far behind you and look forward to our announcements after the extra long wait! 

• Options

jink I didn’t tel my midwife until I saw her - she didn’t expect me to have called her. I just made sure I noted the day.

just been for an hour long walk (eat your heart out pgp) and the pressure now is intense! I really just don’t want to go to my work training tomorrow so would love labour to start tonight! That’s a good enough reason righ?!

fayeuk - I feel for you but at least you have a definite start-of-the-end date Just round the Corner!

• Options

Jink, my midwife told me to call once contractions were 4 minutes apart or if I needed help / something I was worried about.  For example, if you have your show and are bleeding a lot, I would call, but if it is just some mucous and a bit of blood, that is normal.

Losing your mucus plug can happen weeks before labour starts, so unless there is some other indications, I would not call your midwife.  If you have another regular appointment before your baby is born, then I would mention it at the appointment.

• Options

Somhad 2 hours of definite contractions at 4-6am this morning and then it died down and I’ve just been left with agonising back pain now. 

Anyone had this?

• Options

I had my little girl yesterday morning at 8:15am after contractions spontaneously started at 2:15am, the most amazing home birth experience i could ever ask for! Will post some photos! Hope you overdue ladies are holding up well! Sex after a sweep worked amazing!

Josie Leigh Taylor - 16/02/19 - 8lb11oz

• Options

I had my little girl yesterday morning at 8:15am after contractions spontaneously started at 2:15am, the most amazing home birth experience i could ever ask for! Will post some photos! Hope you overdue ladies are holding up well! Sex after a sweep worked amazing!

Josie Leigh Taylor - 16/02/19 - 8lb11oz

• Options

Congratulations SmileLikeYouMeanIt! 

🥰 xx 

• Options

Congratulations, how wonderful. Im still waiting, came to hospital yesterday, had the pessary put in at 4pm, and still nothing, bit achy but thats it, fed up is an understatement, if they offered me a c section now I would jump at the chance....lets see what this afternoon brings...xxx

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions