Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: Rear facing car seats explained

Replies

• Options
    I'm pleased that finally rear facing seats for older children are coming on the market. We have had rear facing isofix Britax seats for four years but had to buy a Britax seat which was marketed for special needs children. I had read that in Scandanavia rear facing is the norm and that it was proven to be safer, and was amazed when I told other mum friends this and they didn't choose a rear facing seat for their 9-12 month old. Why would you not choose the safest option? Also loads of people have said "Ah poor thing always travelling backwards, they can't see anything" - in fact because the seats are higher, they have a great view out of the rear windscreen, as well as their own side window, unlike a child in a forwards facing seat who is sat looking at the back of the seat in front. I predict that by the time my kids are having kids ALL seats for children up to 4 years will be rear facing. We are just about 10 years behind Scandanavia.