Forum home Birth clubs Due in March 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Introduce yourself

good morning ladies, thought it would be nice to have an introduction post as will all be sharing this journey together. 

Im Dani, I’m 30 from the UK and this is baby number 3 for us (last one). I have an almost 9 year old autistic son and a 5 year old daughter. I found out I’m pregnant last Friday and my due date is currently the 4th March 2020. Iv told my husband best friend and 1 of my sisters so far but going to try keep it a secret to everyone else till 12 weeks as I have had two previous mcs. My son will be very excited as he has been desperate for us to have a baby for a long time. Pregnancy is going well so far and I’m hoping for a similar pregnancy to my sons with no sickness and a smooth 9 months. 

Looking forward to to sharing this journey with you all. X

Replies

• Options
    Hi Dani, congratulations!
    I'm Jo, found out I am pregnant Thursday and due date is apparently 1st March. This is baby no2 and we were supposed to start fertility treatment this month as we tried for 10 years for our first! We were literally counting down the days until my period came to start treatment and it just never arrived so its all a huge shock and I still can't believe it. 
    Only hubby knows and I really want to wait as long as possible until telling anyone else but I had such an awful pregnancy last time it might not be easy to hide! 
    X
  • Options
    Hi Jojo, we remember you from a few years back, how are you and Bethan doing? 
    Congratulations! So lovely to have you back on the forum.  
  • Options
    Jo how amazing for you congratulations. Bet that really was a huge surprise for you both. 

Got it my fingers crossed you have a much easier pregnancy this time around. I had a bad one with my daughter with bad sickness but my sons was so easy pretty much the whole way through other than a little spd towards the end and managing being heavily pregnant in the heat of the summer as he was born in August. How old is your daughter now? Xx
  • Options
    Hi Im juelz, new to this site. Congrats Jo. I have been trying to conceve for 4 years now, had one pregnancy every year in March / April sadly all ended in early miscarriages. I am now on Clomid and i have so far taken 2 doses in my first cycle of it. Any success stories to give me some hope? xx
  • Options
    Hi Danielle, we are both doing great thanks. It's so nice you remember us  :) 

Thanks Dani, it was a massive shock, after so long you never think it might happen naturally. Daughter is just over 2 now, we were planning just over a 3 years gap and now there'll be just a bit less than 3 years which is really awkward with work but we will cope! I've heard lots of people say sickness was worse with girls so maybe that's true for some people. 

@JuelsG, I never took clomid as I ovulate fine but I've heard of it working for lots of people. But they mostly had ovulation issues which I'm guessing you don't? 
  • Options
    @jojo1982 i have heard good and bad :( i dont have ovulation problems they have prescribed it me for my hormones as they are really low x
  • Options
    Hi Dani x , I am Dia, many congratulations to you and your partner, look after yourself x
  • Options
    MrsJBMrsJB Regular
    edited Jul 10, 2019 6:06AM
    Morning girls,

congratulations to you all! 

Im 23 & from the UK. I have literally just found out I am pregnant (and still in shock)! We have been ttc for 6 months. This is my first baby & first ever pregnancy x
  • Options
    Congratulations Jaxxy. How exciting for you. First is always nerve wracking but a few of us have had babies before so any thing your not sure about hopefully some of us can answer. Best of luck hun. When are you due?  This is number 3 for us but pregnancy number 5. I’m 6 weeks today. Also from the UK. Xx
  • Options
    I’ve wanted it so bad but now I am, I am slightly petrified!! Haha.  
    Looks like I’m due on the 15th March. So I’m 4 weeks.
    thank you lovely, I’m sure i’ll be asking plenty of questions. 
    wow, baby number 3! That’s amazing. Bet you can’t wait to tell your little ones xx

• Options
    True very excited especially my son who is autistic as he has been begging us for a baby for a year now. He made me laugh the other day pushing my stomach in and saying he didn’t want me to be fat 😂 if only he knew lol x
  • Options
    Jaxxy I am the same! We already have a daughter and she is amazing and we were due to have fertility treatment again this month. But now it's happened naturally I'm crapping myself!
    Ive never done this without a consultant holding my hand throughout; my daughter really wants a brother or sister but will she get jealous once they arrive?; how will I cope with 2; how can I even take any maternity leave with how busy my job is in march. My head is just AAARRRGGGGHHHH! 
    But of course we are super super excited 😁
  • Options
    Mrs S, that is so sweet! My nephew is 6 & autistic, he’s the most loving little boy and I can’t wait to tell him. You’ll need to tell your son in a special way & record it! 
    Joji, wow! Congratulations lovely. Ah I’m glad other people feel like that because I felt so guilty that I wasn’t feeling how I expected too.
    however I told my fiancé last night and he was over the moon so I’m a lot more excited now ❤️ X x
  • Options
    Jaxxy we plan too. Going to get some t shirts printed and a baby grow with a #1 #2 and #3 for the kids to open together. My daughter won’t be as impressed as my son as she likes to be the baby 😂. X
  • Options
    Have you seen what’s going on in Latest Discussions today? 
    We’re giving away a £200 Aldi voucher and TOMORROW we start recruiting for a new product test to test and keep a Joie buggy worth £300! Head to Latest Discussions to find out more! 
  • Options
    Hello ladies, I'm Kat, I'm 30 and I'm in the UK. According to the pregnancy+ app I will be 11 weeks tomorrow with my first baby, due March 5th 2020. 
    I discovered I was pregnant at 5 weeks after only trying once, so ever since I've been in a daze of disbelief, counting my lucky stars every day that has gone by but feeling petrified too as surely I'm too lucky?! 
    I've had it pretty easy going so far, with no morning sickness (other than being extra queasy in the mornings when the smell of my two large dogs hits my now sensitive nose) and being sleepy 90% of the time, but I've had no pain, no blood, and breast tenderness went away around week 6. 
    My first scan is next week and it can't come soon enough. Only my husband knows and one lady at work and I'm itching to talk to people! 
    Having never gone through this before I'm glued to my phone for some kind of support, constantly looking up symptoms (and often scaring myself) so I'm so pleased to join this group and let it all out! 
    This is the first baby in both mine and my husband's family since we were kids ourselves so if the little guy hangs in there it will be the biggest celebration we've had in years. 
    Looking forward to chatting with you all and sharing the journey ❤️
  • Options
    Hi ladies
    Just got a quick question.
    On the day of my 12 week scan i met the midwife too and she gave me some pregaday iron tablets  which also contain folic acid. On the box it say take after 13 weeks , and i have just only turned 13 weeks pregnant.  i am not sure if i should start taking these yet or not and also is taking pregnacare with these ok or not?