Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

NHS Exemption card?

Got my card but is it just for Priscriptions from the doctors or can you use it for the dentist and opticans. Is there anything else you can use it for?

Replies

• Options
    dentist yes, opticans no. x
  • Options
    yep - just prescriptions and dentist image
  • Options
    also depends on the dentist,ive read a few times that some dentist dont accept them

sarah
  • Options
    You can only use it for the dentist if your nhs but not if your a private patient
  • Options
    Thanks for info.
  • Options
    chiropodist nhs as well x
  • Options
    you can use it for eyetest at the opticians and you get a voucher towards your lenses too its great i got my eye test and 2 pairs of morgan glasses for ??38 at tesco ooh i didnt know you could use it for chiropodist
    claire x
    30 weeks
  • Options
    i havn't even got mine... im 25 weeks. my doctors or midwife never even metioned it... i gpt it with my 1st but have wonder y i ahvn't been givin the forms wen did every 1 get theres?
  • Options
    sammi i got a form from mw a couple months ago, ask her when you next go or just go to doctors and get one then you send the form off and they send you the card back.
    xxx
  • Options
    i got mine at my booking in appointment at 10 weeks (the forms) then the card came a couple of weeks later
    xx
  • Options
    in the letter that came with my exemption card it says doctors and dentists, not opticians. i only think u can get those optcians and glasses vouchers if ur on an income related benefit, ie income support, income based job seekers

xx