Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Advice about miscarriage

So my period was due on the 17th of Feb, i was 2 days late when I took my first test which come back with a very faint line. I just took it as a negative but my sister said it was positive and suggest I take another one. I took another in the morning and the positive line was definitely darker. So I took a clear blue digital and it said 1-2 weeks pregnant.  But then that afternoon I started bleeding, first it was browny kind of blood but then soon turned dark red. It's not enough to fill a pad but has lasted until last night (22 feb). It had stopped and when I woke up this morning there was no blood but later on in the morning I started bleeding again which is more red than anything. Again not massively heavy but enough to wear a pad. I'm just putting it down to being a miscarriage/chemical pregnancy, tests are still coming back as positive but I've been reading it takes a while for them to stop being positive.  I still have nausea and I'm just incredibly tired.. I just wanted to know from other peoples experiences how long I will bleed for and how long will it take for things to get back to normal? How long before I can try again? 

Also, i will be going to see the doctor tomorrow just to checked over :) 

Replies

• Options
    @ExcentricT Hi. Firstly, I would like to say I hope your okay and taking it easy. I've had three miscarriages and pregnant just now. All 3 have been different and the bleeding has lasted 1 month to just around 1 week. With mine I always started with brown bleeding then red, then it stopped and started again. In terms of trying again it's just when your ready...you will know x
  • Options
    Go get checked out. Hope u will be OK. Early pregnancy support unit in ur local hospital would be the best x
  • Options
    i just recently had a mc ....i bled for 6 days but i was only 5w..... i would go get checked to be sure tho bc it could be anything <3 fx for good news but if bad remember its not ur fault <3 lots of love <3
  • Options
    Thank you ladies, sorry for your losses :( I have an appointment booked for this afternoon so hopefully get some sort of answers.. not holding out hope at all. I stopped bleeding again last night but then started again this morning! So definitely a loss. Fingers crossed until next time! 🤞
  • Options
    what did they say?
  • Options
    So ladies, good news! Had my hcg levels done and they've gone up massively and the lady at the epu place said it was a really good sign that the pregnancy is fine! It's been a rough few weeks, the doctor practically told me it was a miscarriage and I also had a early scan where nothing could be seen so i just expected the worst, was horrible then waiting for blood results but yeah,  I'm happy! Dont lose hope yet girls ❤❤ x
  • Options
    good luck love <3 hope everything is ok <3
  • Options
    So I've been for my second scan today and everything was fine... could see the tiny heartbeat 😍 measuring only 5 weeks and 5 days so still early but I'm hopeful and the lady who scanned me was super happy and had no concerns what so ever! 
  • Options

Huge congratulations @ExcentricT ! We have a lovely Due in November 2020 birth club right this way, if you fancy checking it out....