Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

when does the head get ingaged?

Hi all, when i was pregnant with my daughter 6 years ago her head got ingaged at 36 weeks, i'm nearly 38 weeks with my second pregnancy and just seems to hover just above. Anybody had simular situation

Replies

• Options
    Hi i thought it was anywhere from 36 weeks onwards i have read that sometimes they can engage very late on. Speak to ur midwife. I dont know how u can every feel it or what the feeling is like. I try and tell the position of my baby but havent got a clue.
  • Options
    Hi, yes Karla is right, it may not happen until just before birth
  • Options
    It's very hard to walk when the baby is fully engaged lol. I think i read somewhere that it can take longer with each child but can't remember all details. My midwife is not very good haven't met her yet i've just been passed about between different ones.
  • Options
    I have only met my midwife once and that was at booking in apt, im 28 wks now! All my other check ups have been with my gp. Ive got full bloods to be done on 7th feb so maybe ill get to see her again! lol. They do say it tends to happen later with each pregnancy, it has with my last 3, on 5th now. x
  • Options
    Are you after a footie team debs lol. I've seen my docter apart from a couple i'm surpossed to see midwife on 5th of feb for first home visit and i'm due on 14th feb :lol: you gotta laugh
  • Options
    No, im stopping at 5! Wow you get a home visit! Ahh a valentine baby how sweet. x
  • Options
    Hi girls, the head is supposed to engage with a first baby at around 36weeks but with subsequent babies this isn't the case and it just happens when it happens! my second didn't engage until i was in established labour and everytime the midwife would examine me she commented on how mobile she was as her head kept moving from side to side! but all babies are different and i suppose they will when they will. you always want them to though to take some pressure off the old ribs and lungs so you can ahh ...breathe lol!
  • Options
    Thanks mama-milf i thought that was the case but memory is not good at the min lol. it's just when the head is engaged you know your on your last hurdle :lol:.
  • Options
    I had my first baby 7 weeks ago and she didn't engage until the night before I had her. I thought it was strange as I thought that with first babies the head engages earlier. On the plus side I stayed quite mobile right up until the end of my pregnancy. x
  • Options
    your welcome lovey, all those pregnancy hormones wreak havok on the memory! when are you due hun?