Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How much weight are you putting on?

Hi ALL

I am 22 wks prenant 2moro and i have put on 12lbs already!!! is this normal lol. When i was pregnant before i was 13 before i got pregnant and this time i was 11 st 11lbs so hopefully i wont be as big this time!!!

How much weight is everyone putting if any!!!

thanks

Lisa

Replies

• Options
    hi lisa im 19 weeks and have put on just under a stone !! think my boobs are carring most of the weight lol have been eating alot , never had morning sickness which i think has meant more weight gain
  • Options
    Hi all, im going to say this really quickly so that i dont scare myself!! Ive put on 2 stone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is my 5th baby and im 32wks. I do tend to have big babies so im hoping its pregnancy weight and not me being greedy! lol. Last baby was 10lb 11ozs and im told to expect between 11 and 12 lbs this time! x
  • Options
    oh my god how big !!!!! how did you do it was it a normal delivery ?did you go full term ?? sorry am being really nosey now just fasinated
  • Options
    Yes it was a normal delivery, no pain relief and less than 2hrs. According to hospital dates he was 16 days late but following my dates he came on due date! I hate it when they change your dates i even new when i had concieved the last one! But thats another story! lol. x
  • Options
    I lost 5lbs when I first found out...then I put 3 back on....I don't seem to have put on any more weight but I bought size 14 trousers to grow into and now they're close to not fitting! Maybe I'll never get back down to my original 12 image( LOL
  • Options
    hi debbie, don't worry about 2 stone, that's fine if you have big babies, better to bounce than creak I say, that's my excuse! :lol: No.1 was 9lb13oz (a tiddler compared to yours!) and this is going to be as big or bigger. They won't let me go o/due and are talking about inducing me at 38-40wk? I just wanted to ask if all yours had got consistently bigger and if you were ever offered to be induced early?
  • Options
    i have put on a 15lbs, im 19+3 & i also think its my boobs carrying all the weight!***
  • Options
    I feel inadequate now hearing about your ample bosoms! :cry: I'm 35wk and have put on 1stone 5lb. I wouldn't have minded putting on some more up top cos they've hardly changed. I'm sure they look smaller cos my bump is so big! :lol:
  • Options
    nice avatar loopylass. believe me ur not missin out on much, they r soooooooooooooo sore & my bach aches. i was a 34 B & now im a 36 D already! i used 2 want big boobs but i hate them now. just think of the stretch marks ur saving urself from. how lucky r u! i hav put on weight so quickly my hips arent rite & my back is constantly hurtin & my knees feel like theyre gona collapse from underneath me, so i say count urself lucky i feel about 90yrs old!!!***
  • Options
    My 1st was 9lb boy, 2nd was 8lb 9 1/2 girl 3rd was 10lb 8ozs girl and 4th 10lb 11ozs boy. Ive never been advised to have them early but im always checked for diabetes, which ive never had. Maybe they just think its the norm for my body and arnt too concerned. At last midwife apt bump was measuring 4 - 5 wks bigger so she just said that we would keep an eye on that. Im hoping that ill get an extra scan, any excuse to see baby again! lol. When is your baby due loopylass? x
  • Options
    u poor thing, how many weeks are you? I'm normally a 36C/D although Mothercare measured me a DD all my old bras still fit perfectly and don't dig in or anything so i think they're the same. Am sick of reading about how big your boobs will get, I'm panicking I won't be able to breastfeed now. I suppose us women are never happy with what we've got are we?! Wonder if men worry about their weight and their bits as much as us?! image
  • Options
    I have put on 13lbs im 31 wks. My bra size has only gone from a 32b to 32c wish i had more!!! x sophia x
  • Options
    I havent had my boobs measured yet, waiting till 36wks to get measured for feeding bras. Im just wearing large sport style maternity bras at the moment. I was a 44dd before pregnancy but dont think ive changed much! My boobs also look small because of the size of my bump! x
  • Options
    im 19+3. ur boobs r a good size 2 begin with. i had 34B which ifound quite small! men hav other insecurities like how much muscle they hav or how blessed they r down stairs!!!*** sophia ur lucky aswel, iv gone from 10 on top & 12 on bottom 2 14 all over. always had a problem keepin my weight down in the past. no mata what i eat i put on weight so ihad 2 go to the gym regularly. havent been since nov & look how much weight iv put no (15lb)***
  • Options
    I used to live at the gym, thats why i used to stay slim. I went 6 days a week and my dietician had a constant set diet for me to stay slim. Its a lot of pressure 2 stay slim, i used to have to stay slim for my job, but now i dont care so much its the first time ive been able to eat what i want. I would like to be bigger up top though!! Its not easy for women is it?! Sophia x
  • Options
    My dd is 4th April but i've had too much amniotic fluid so was measuring 8 cm too big at 28 wk but i think it's settled down now but i have had extra scans, GTT, heart scans etc. You're right, it's nice to see them again on the scan, i've got another 2moro! I'm not small myself tho....5"8, size 14 and size 8 feet! OH is 6"4 so I guess i'll never have a 7-8lber.
  • Options
    Good luck with your scan 2moro! You and your oh are quite tall then, the bigger your feet the bigger your pelvis so they say, so thats very good for labour! Before i got pregnant this time i had lost 4 and 1/2 stone and went to the gym for 2hrs 4 times a wk. I really got into the gym and i do miss it but was worried about going during pregnancy. I try not to worry about weight during pregnancy because i know i can sort it out once ive had the baby. x
  • Options
    I'm 26+4 and have put on a stone, my boobs have gone from a 36C to a D.. When i last see the midwife she did say she thought i was going to have a bigger baby as she was bigger than she was meant to be!! I'm hoping that she is not too big as i cry if i get a paper cut, god knows what i will be like during labour!!
  • Options
    Hi Jadie, you will fine if your baby is big, from my experience the bigger the baby the quicker and easier the birth! How many wks are you? x
  • Options
    Im 26 weeks and 4 days today and the last time i see the midwife was at 24 weeks and she was over 2 pound then...