Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

in need of advice

HELP im totally stuck my baby is due on 2nd july by which time my little one will be 20 months and our familys have different opinions i was going to get the mothercare trenton with buggypod attached . well my mother in law says get a double buggy prob is they would not fit in and out my door and once my little one starts walking i would have to get another one. can u please give me ur opinions. i have prob asked b4 but head a little mixed up ................ thanks guys

Replies

• Options
    Hi Lynn my eldest was 20 months when my youngest was born, I did get a double buggy, alightweight side by side, i think its a graco one. I didnt like the idea of a buggy board or an attachable seat, as my eldest is quite heavy. I got a double as she is still young herself and wouldnt actually walk that far round the shops. But also for myself as I feel more in control having them both in the pushchair.

Hope this helps
    xxxxxxx
  • Options
    how about one of those buggys where one sits infront (and practically on top of) the other? Do what you feel is best, not what youre mil tells you! hope you resolve it.
  • Options
    so do i girls was looking at the mclaren side be side . the one in front of the others are a bit heavy for me its always cold here in scotland so i think i will get the double thanks for your advice
  • Options
    There's always the Jane Power Twin if u don't mind paying out a bit more. It's a one in front of the other, but is an all terrain 3 wheeler. The back lays flat and u can get a car seat on the back as a travel system. It's no heavier than the maclaren twin techno - that's 14.7kg the Jane is 14.25kg.
  • Options
    i find one in front of the other hard to use but thanks for the thought
  • Options
    I was the same lynn I brought a tandem and went to take them both out in it for the first time, first it wouldnt fit in car and secondly I had trouble lifting it, so we went out that day and got the side by side one we got now and its so much lighter but it also looks more comfortable, my 2 year old even sleeps in it and she didnt even used to do that in her single. xx
  • Options
    hi girls well hubby and i seem to of found a solution the first wheels side by side u can fit a carry cot on one side to replace the pushchair only thing is front 2 wheels half the size of the back ones
  • Options
    we are buying the phil and teds our daughter is a small 3 and thought this was a good solution as in 12mths you can use it as a single buggy image