Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

28 weeks and counting

I can't believe I've got to 28 weeks! All three girls are growing well, the last scan I had (last week) estimated them all at around 2lbs. Everybody is now convinced that I'm carrying three, non identical girls. They are definately in seperate amniotic sacs, and have separate placenta's, and, whilst they won;t definately know until they examine the membranes at the birth, going from the two early scans I had done, everyone seems to think that they all have their own chorionic membrane as well!

In some ways it sems like ages since I first found this site - sitting in front of the computer in tears because I was in shock at the thought of having three babies growing inside me. In other ways, the weeks since my 12 week scan have flown by!

I really just wanted to say a great big thank you to everyone on here who helped me through the first few weeks - I was only 5 or 6 weeks pregnant when I found out I was having triplets, and the two weeks leading up to having it confirmed were hell, thinking I was miscarrying, then being told there were three eggs, but only two looked to be viable, then seing three hearts beating on the scan! I still don't know how we're going to cope, but now I wouldn't change things for the world!

Some of you have listened to me (or rather read) rant and rave about various things to do with the care I've recieved, and you've been there to mop up my tears when I've been confused and scared and now, somehow, I've reached the 'magic' 28 weeks! We aren't out of the woods yet, but at least my girls have a fighting chance now, and everyday they stay inside me their outlook gets better and better.

I think that most of the people who gave me advice and support during the first few weeks have had their babies now, but if you're still regulars on the site - THANK YOU; those of you who have been posting more recently - THANK YOU as well, hearing about your news, and having people to share my news with has, and still is a godsend!

Replies

• Options
    I cant believe how it fast it has flown by. I remember so clearly the early days, and willing you to just get to 12 weeks. The fact you have got to 28 weeks is fantastic and its strange to think how every day really does count. It must be an exciting and worrying time but try to enjoy these last few weeks and days of pregnancy- things are so different when they are born. Its such a magical time and I wish you all the luck in the world, you will be amazed at how quickly everything becomes second nature. remember- God knew you'd be such an amazing mum that he blessed you with three. x