Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

slow labour

I am almost 37 weeks pregnant and have been getting aches and pains since yesterday. I have been getting shooting pains down below. lower back ache and pains in top of legs and near pubic bone. Had no sleep last nite. I have been taking paracetamol but doesnt help for long. Is this slow labour

Replies

• Options
    i was wandering the same, have been having back ache and period pains but nothing has started. im waiting for mw to come round to do sweep so im sure she will tell me if it is. i kept wakingup aswell, are u feeling a little bit nauseous aswell? i feel like im about to leak as well (tmi soz) but nothing has happened at all.
    im 7 days over due now.
  • Options
    Im 3 days over and have been feeling sick in the early hours! Getting lots of twinges all day now but nothing that lasts too long or can be timed really. Fed up! Got sweep on Wed xx:\)
  • Options
    oh i have had this too, im hoping the midwife might give me a sweep on Thursday (although i will only be 39wks and 1 day, but cant see her seeing me on boxing day/ day after to do one?!?
  • Options
    am 37 weeks been havin pains in my lower back and period like aches in legs n bottom of bump for last few days. Up most of last night bein sick n feelin really fed up now.
  • Options
    I hear you loud and clear! I am 8 days overdue and really fed up. Have back ache, groin ache and feel nausea from time to time. Have had twinges for a little while and keep thinking is this it??? but nothing has happened yet. Booked for sweep tomorrow and induction on Fri. Really hope natural labour starts before though!:\(