Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Short AF??

Ok, the background bit...

Stopped pill end of March, had withdrawal bleed, this is second natural bleed. Withdrawal bleed was 8 days, first natural bleed was 9 days (with a bit of spotting day before CD 1, not counted.)

This time had spotting late evening Tuesday, Wednesday called CD 1, red af with full cramps and backache (while I was having to concentrate at work...the witch!!) Thursday and Friday, lighter bleeding no pains.

:\?Today absolutely nothing so far??? :\?

So what is all that about? Do you think I have had an af of 3 days? Does it mean anything? Will I start to bleed again later? Help! (Please...) image

Replies

• Options
    Well due to the lack of replies...I've decided to post again myself. lol :lol:

I did bleed yesterday, reasonably lightly. But nothing it appeared overnight again. :\? I an obviously still having af, but it is a lot lighter than last month, and I can't work out why it seems to stop at night?

Anyway, I'm grateful it's not heavy, if it stops earlier than my last 8 and 9 days, so be it. Just as long as ov happens I'm happy. My luteal phase seems to be about 15 days. xx
  • Options
    Hi

Thought I would reply as I have had this also, I came of the pill in Nov last year and since had very regular AF - 28 days but v.light. probably only lasting 1 day but stop start spotting.

I went to the doctors and he did a blood test, all my hormones came back ok but I had a slightly raised prolactin level. I think it is the pill though and my body needs to sort it self out.

The doctor did say that this does not affect your fertility and keep trying - so as you say as long as you ov who cares!!!

Who would have thought we would be complaining about a short pain free AF!!!

Good luckx
  • Options
    Hi
    I came off the pill in March and then had light bleeding during the day and nothing at night - my last proper period with pain was last week so I think it takes a while for your body to sort itself out. i was on the POP so don't know if it makes a difference. xx
  • Options
    Thank you both for your replies. I was just worried this was going to completely mess up, what have been regular cycles since I stopped the pill.

Nice to know other people have had the same thing.

You are right mardy, I never thought I'd complain about not having an af, or a change in it! xx
  • Options
    My af is only 3 days 4 at most. I was told anything between 3-8 days was normal but I don't know for sure!

• Options
    I am usually 4-5 days including the brown to start and finish with. The shorter the better as far as I'm concerned!!
  • Options
    Thanks dappytart. I'm just not used to a short af, and thought it was finishing early. It's still going but a lot lighter than last month. xx
  • Options
    Yeah I don't disagree Helen, just unusual for me to be so lucky! lol xx
  • Options
    Hope it continues to be shorter for you- less inconvenience and cheaper!! Better yet would be a bfp and no af for ages-though that would be more pricey!!!lol.xx
  • Options
    I did say to OH, I would prefer to have none. At least for 9 months!! xx