Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

21 week scan results and help please?

We are having 2 little girls for definate!!

The scan went well all anatomy/measurements fine.

Twin 1 was lying low and to my left, and as an posteria placenta.

Twin 2 was lying middle to my right, and has an anteria placenta.

Twin 2 has full kidneys and we were asked to go away and come back in half an hour to be re-scanned to check the baby was able to empty it's kidneys ok. So we did and the levels came down, but they wrote notes to check it at my next scan in 3wks.

Then I saw the doctor and they took my blood again for checking my iron levels again, and dipped my sample, the sample showed small amount of protein in it, so they have sent it off for further tests!

Not sure what this protein thing is, I am going to have to research it unless anyone can tell me anything about it??

Also anyone know anything on the placenta's with impact on giving birth???

Em x

Replies

• Options
    Congratulations on your two little girls... It seemed like everyone was having two boys... Do you have names yet???

I had protein in my wee on one occasion but the next check it was all gone, so I don't really know what its all about either...

As for placenta positioning, haven't a clue, they haven't even mentioned my placenta(s) and i'm 28+4!!! I must ask at my next scan...

Congrats again...

Sara x

[Modified by: sara7 on October 03, 2008 09:00 AM]

• Options
    How exciting, have you decided on names?

Re placentas, they are only a problem if they are low lying, sometimes a placenta can cover cervix thus making vaginal birth nearly impossible, anterial means that it is attached to the front wall and posterial is at the back. anterial placentas cushion the kicks so you dont feel them as much.

Re protein in the urine, it can be a early warning indicator of pre eclampsia which is why they keep an eye on it. But in my first pregnancy i had no protein in urine but developed pre eclampsia, but in second had loads of protein but didnt get pre eclampsia. so try not to worry xxDBXx
  • Options
    No names yet, sorry, keeping you waiting!!

I am drawing up a list soon...

Thanks for your help,
    Em x
  • Options
    it could also be a sign that you may have a urine infection

sarah

http://bd.lilypie.com/sg4fp1/.png

• Options
    Thanks, the hospital said they'd call with the resulys if there was anything if not my next apt is in 3 wks anyway! x
  • Options
    yeah they fot i ha d pre eclamp in my 2nd preg bcos of protein in urine and i had high blood pressure but it turned out to be nufin so i wouldnt worry too much

congrats on ur two lil girls xx