Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Any suggestions?

Hiya Ladies!

I need your help/advice!

Lily used to take 5 7oz bottles a day. At 7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm and 7.30pm. She would fall asleep anywhere between 8 and 8.30pm and sleep through until just before 7am. However she has suddenly gone all weird! She does NOT want her milk and every feed is a battle. She will go 3, 4 or even 5 hours between feeds during the day and I no idea when to expect her to want to eat next. She also is a nightmare to get to bed. She will nod off about 7pm for an hour then be WIDE awake until about midnight. She gets really upset too, tears, red face etc etc. We put it down to teething at first, but she really is not herself. The not drinking her milk is the worst thing as she wakes in the night starving and screaming. Any ideas what I can do? I can't think of anything that could have happened to suddenly throw her. Is it normal to suddenly just start to not want her milk?

Very confused! Oh she's 24 weeks.

Thanks.
xxxxx

Replies

• Options
    Hiya

Thanks ladies! I spoke (at lenght!) to my HV today and she said pretty much what you have said. Tonight we have put her in her own room (sob sob) as she was getting too big for her crib. We bathed her later at 7.30pm and stayed upstairs for the last bottle (which was a battle still) and now she is asleep. Today she has taken 4oz from 3 bottles and just had 7oz from the last one. Not as much as usual but she really didn't want anymore. She had a few teaspoons of her tea so that was progress.

Vanilla - she really is a stubborn little madam! It must be a girl thing lol.

Got her weighed at HV and in 3 weeks she has put on 1lb so at least she is still gaining weight.
    xxxxx