Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sweet dreams little one

Hi all, today has been black Friday, or thats what it feels like. I wrote earlier this week about me bleeding. I had another scan yesterday and they couldnt be sure whether there was a heartbeat or not. We went home very upset and trying to come to terms to what was happening in front of our eyes. I was home no longer than an hour and the blood came rushing from me and i felt my 8 week baby come away. My little one was leaving me and my life went into complete turmoil.

I went to hospital and waited 7h before a gyn doctor could see me and then they confirmed the worst. I had lost. What do i do now?
I cried for hours and got no sleep.
I was in so much pain and still am, physically and mentally. My husband has took it bad but is slowly opening up and talking.
My baby was not growing right and must have been in pain. I love the little one so much, i must sign off now as getting upset.
Godnight little one, mammy and daddy loves you xxx

Replies

• Options
    I'm so sorry. It's the age old platitudes I'm afraid that come out at this time. Time heals, etc. But it is true.

Take one day at a time is another one, also true. It's best not to keep anything bottles up, so if you need to cry do. It's also good to talk about your bean, so if your husband is opeing up that's good.

We're here if you want to talk more. Take your time to grieve. xx
  • Options
    oh i'm so sorry to read your sad news, Mithical is right, you will get through this awful time, lbut you must let yourself grieve.

take care of yourself.

KJ.xx
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your kind words. Woke up this morning still in pain and cant really walk very well. Its a really sunny, bright and fresh day today, i just wish Ittle one was with me. I feel helpless, worried for future pregnancies and do i want to try again.

I hope all is ok and pain does ease as time goes on. My heart goes to everyone on this forum who has lost.
    Sam
  • Options
    I think everything has already been said, but I just wanted to pass on my condolences.

It's now been 2 weeks since my mc, and physically I am practically back to normal, while emotionally it will still be a while, but I can now look forward.

You will find that time really does heal, but this does not mean that you forget, you simply learn how to cope with your loss.

My thoughts are with you, and we will be here as and when you need us.

Chocky.
  • Options
    Hi littleone

So sorry for your loss.

I know it doesn't feel like it right now but like everyone said things do get better with time. You will never forget your little one but you will learn how to look back and remember the happy times you had together.

Take your time and get plenty of rest and TLC. Look after yourself and allow yourself to cry, shout, scream...whatever you need to do. Don't hold any of it in. Grief takes time, but you will get through it. And remember we're all here to listen whenever you need - we all understand how you are feeling.

You could also do something to honour and remember your baby - the ladies on here have done various things like planting a tree or rose bush, buying a special teddy, wearing a special peice of jewelry etc.

As for trying again it's a very personal decision. Some women feel they really want to be pregnant again to help heal this loss whilst others feel they need more time. Unless your doctor says there is a physical reason to wait there is no right answer and it depends how you and your partner feel. But take your time.

I hope your physical pain eases soon so you can focus on your emotional healing.

Love NN xx
  • Options
    You poor thing. I'm very sorry for your loss. Please look after yourself and take the time you need to heal emotionally and physically. xxx
  • Options
    Just wanted to say i am sorry and that though it is hard you will get through it somehow!
    Hope you are not in to much pain and try and get as much rest as you can your body and mind need to heal!

sending you hug Rena x