Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

WE ARE ALL WONDERFUL MUMS - AWARD

Right i've had enough of reading post where mum's think their "bad mothers"! I'm even guilty at thinking it too as hubby has lost job so i've got to work 5 days a week and feel like i'm neglecting my little soldier - But i'm NOT and I'm a WONDERFUL CARING mum - JUST LIKE ALL OF YOU ARE TOO!!

In my book as long as you're not neglectful or abusive you're a good mum! (if we are bothering to go on this site and ask questions / get advice then we must be good mums because we CARE!!)

We should all be celebrating what fantastic parents we are and what a great job we do EVERYDAY - we created these little learning miracles and they are thriving everyday.

SO I JUST WANT TO TELL EVERYONE WHAT A GREAT MUM THEY ARE

:\) :\) :\) :\) :\)
xxxxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    Here here!
    We all beat ourselves up too much. We should spend more time celebrating the victories rather than commiserating over the (very small and often insignificant) failures.

Liz x
  • Options
    Lovely post to read and I could not agree more with you, thanks !x
  • Options
    I needed that - thanks hun xxxx
  • Options
    Completely agree, lets be more positive about our achievements as parents :\)
  • Options
    I also agree. We are all great. Well I am anyway lol.
  • Options
    Yes thanks for that. I think at times we all get hung up on what we should or shouldn't be doing and whether we're doing it right or not, so that we tend to forget we're already doing a fab job.
    Here's to all the wonderful mum's out there!
  • Options
    Hooray for all us fab mums!!!
    Well, things are going well for us (keeping finger crossed). Matthew is asleep in his big boy bed for the 3rd day running and we haven't had any major issues about getting him to sleep in it (just doing day naps to start). Today he just lay down so i walked out and he's gone off to sleep fine.
    He also had his first morning at nursery today - he ran straight in, I barely got a kiss goodbye and he's apparently had a lovely time with no issues at all. Long may this all last LOL!
  • Options
    What a lovely post hun!! Your right we should all concentrate more on the positives rather than the negatives. Sending everyone a fab mummy award!!! x x x
  • Options
    I really needed this today. I'm having a major wobble about all this Mum thing and this has made me think of the cool stuff I do with my little boy. Being a Mum is the hardest thing I've ever done and I don't know if that will ever change but, hey, I get to play in ball pools that were never around when I was a kid so it can't all be bad. image