Forum home Family life & relationships Bereavement
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Had a visit...

From AF yest afternoon...

Now we can properly TTC... maybe... LOL I still can't make my mind up. I wanna but I don't. I need to fill the empty hole but not take away from my memories of him.

I was going to use OPK, I was a 29 day cycle this month... so fertile days begin 26th October... When would you test?

Replies

• Options
    Hi Dippymummy

I am G/C from TTC because i have been following your story. I am so sorry xx

If you feel you are ready, then i would say go for it. Maybe just "try" without using OPKs or charting though? As a kind of middle-ground? So that you don't feel like you are fully "trying" yet and are just "seeing what happens" ??

Broody xx
  • Options
    Hi Dippymummy

I agree with Broody. Maybe just relax and see what happens for a couple of months, then if nothing does and you really want to go for it, go to the next step. I am now using the OV tests but the first month didnt and I think in some ways it is less pressure.

Good luck!

George35, x
  • Options
    I def agree with there being less pressure without the OV tests... i have been using them for 6mths now and i wish i could stop and chill out a bit, but once you start they're addictive! So if i could turn the clock back then i would have had a couple of months of relaxed trying to begin with i think xx
  • Options
    The only reason I said about the OPK is we tried for 5 months just 'trying' and nothing on the 6th month we used the OPKs and fell straight away... prob coincidence but dunno if I want to wait?!
  • Options
    Well lady i think you've just answered your own question. Sounds to me like you DO want to start properly TTC..... and if you do then that is great news and i wish you all the luck in the world
    xx
  • Options
    Hi, i would say it does sound like you are wanting to ttc. you have nothing to feel bad about. A new baby will not replace your little boy just help you to heal and give you something to focus your attention on. This doesnt mean you love him any less!

so if you wanna go for it, then do. I would say start testing from around day 10/11. i say this because when i fell pregnant with Darcey i had 28 day cycles but didnt ovulate until cycle day 17 my friend who took one year to concieve ovulated around day 11. so just to be on the safe side and make sure you catch your 'days' test earlyish.....

goodluck xxxx
  • Options
    Hi,

I lost my son on the 19th Sep and got my visit from AF this weekend. I'm feelign exactly the same as you and we're going to try again straight away, I even ordered some more OPK from the internet today. We tried for a year and a half with Ewan and fell pregnant straight away once we used these. Good luck and I hope to chat to you on the pregnant forum soon xx
  • Options
    hi i dont know about the opk tests i'm now 5+1 wks and i lost my son charlie on the 23rd aug we was just letting nature take its course we did bd everyday sometimes twice a day we really didnt think it would happpen so fast so we wasnt really thinking to much about it so when i got my bfp it was a shock , take care and good luck xx