Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How often should we be doing it?

Hi All

We are officially TTC now, I am having my withdrawal bleed now after coming off the pill

I have heard lots of different opinions on how often you should have sex when TTC due to swimmers being a little useless for a day or two after? Some people say every 3 days and some people say every other day.

What do you guys think? x

Replies

• Options
    We were TTC for two months and in the first month we BD'd every day and had no luck, second month we BD'd every other day and got lucky with a BFP. I'm not sure if it's a coincidence but I wondered whether every day was too much for my husband's little spermies!

Kat xx
    6+6
  • Options
    Hi stace25
    Welcome & good luck. Every 2 or 3 days leading up to ov is good then on day of ov & day after.
    There is a smep thread on hare thats good to read & give you a better idea.

Annette x
  • Options
    I watched 'The Great Sperm Race' on YouTube last night after it was recommended on here. It's fascinating and well worth a watch if you're ttc! I never understood how difficult it could be to get pregnant before I watched it! Anyway, on there they said that you should BD every two to three days if you are ttc and this should give you a really good chance of conceiving. Are you going to use ovulation tests or just see how things go hun? xx
  • Options
    They say every 2 to 3 days (so at least 3 times a week) is enough. Apparently if you do it every day the sperm arent of good quality! Thats what I read!! 3 times a week was fine for me! My LO now nearly 6 months old! xx
  • Options
    Thanks ladies : ) I think we are going to see how it goes for the first couple of months, without checking if I am ovulating etc, and then if no BFP in 2 -3 months then I will start charting and using OV sticks etc etc. Thats the plan so far so lets see how it goes : ) Hope it works : ) xx
  • Options
    Good luck and hope we hear of your bfp soon!! xx