Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in August 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in August 2016 - Part 3

1333435363739»

Replies

• Options

Anybody else finding it so hard to breastfeed when you have other children? Esmae is constantly feeding today and tomorrow I'm at home with all 3 kids and Esmae just thinking how am I gonna entertain them with a velcro baby stuck to my boob! 

She's 16 days old. I'm gonna try and make it to 3 weeks old and then I think combine feed as I'm shattered as I'm the one doing night feeds obviously! 

She's so perfect tho! Will probably pump so she still gets my milk buy other half can help out x

• Options

Jack russel I cant imagine how hard that would be my partner had literally been the most amazing help i could ever have imagined he has just been so hands on and helpful especially after suck a traumatic birth. Must be so difficult if ur having to do most on ur own. The option of breast feeding was taken away from my after loosing so much blood i just couldn't produce anything and even now a week later pretty much nothing there but I do think it would be super hard to have to do it and especially if u have other kids mumma u just have to do what works best for u and ur family xx

• Options

It is hard isn't it. I tried with breastfeeding and it just wasnt working for us. I began to dread her waking her up for feeds, and then I got an infection and was absolutely wrecked. Good on you ladies powering through with it.

jackrussel that must be hard. Have you got family or anyone that can give you a hand? My fiance is very hands on, but I've had my mother in law to be here for the past few days. I was dreading that too but actually I've been able to sleep, shower and eat hot meals. My mums been great too, doig my washing and cooking. After having a csection its been such a help. Does everyone still feel shattered? 

lets see more cute baby pictures! They make my heart melt 😍image

imageimage

• Options

Still no sign of my little lady yet. Got my midwife appointment tomorrow for a 2ND sweep. Fingers crossed its works this time 😄😄 xx

• Options

imageimageimagebaby spam xx

• Options

• Options

Hi everyone, as September is upon us, and most of you have had your babies (please don't worry if you're still expecting - this is for all of you here on this thread) we thought it was time to start you off your very own August 16 Babies thread, where you can all carry on chatting. 

So please do carry on with the baby spam pics - we can't tell you how amazing it is to see your pictures, and read all your updates (and there's a lovely gift for all those that post within the next week or so - please do check out the thread to find out what the gift is).

We will close this thread later on to give you all a chance to see this message. 

And don't forget if you've not posted your birth announcement yet, please do so over here

• Options

Hi everyone, just to let you know we are closing this thread now - please do make sure you head on over to the new August 16 Babies thread here. See you over there! 

• Options

Shouldn't it be tomorrow? Also, seems a bit unfair as plenty of people go 2 weeks overdue if not more... Maybe your 'due in' group should close 2 weeks after the end of the month? Just a thought! Hard enough bring overdue and was nice to have a place to vent...

• Options

Oh no Bethan2 - we are so sorry we think you might have misunderstood us. The new thread is for ALL of you - whether your babies have arrived or not - we're so sorry you thought it was just for those with their babies, otherwise you are absolutely right, where would you vent! Please, please do come on over to the August 16 Babies thread, and vent away - we should have been clearer and we apologise for that. 

As a rule, we usually close the birth clubs when the majority of babies are born - not strictly by date - we know there are a few of you still expecting, but usually when we've done this, the women who are still due, move over to the new thread too - it's for all of you who've been here the past 9 months - babies arrived or not! 

Have we managed to persuade you? image

• Options

Sorry just ranting! Week overdue here and trying not to feel worried about being induced. Seeing all the other babies is a bit frustrating so just preferred the idea of still talking on this thread as people discussing different topics now.

• Options

Hiya Bethan2, don't worry at all - rant away! I can totally sympathise with you - both my kids were 10 and 11 days late, so I totally get where you're coming from.

It's pants feeling like the last one waiting, but you're not alone (unless Lizabee, Lexy32, Lauralotsofhope have had their babies). So please don't worry, we'll most certainly leave this thread open. There's no reason not to keep chatting on both threads, the more, the merrier. 

And honestly, the induction may be booked, but baby might very well make an appearance before then - when are you booked for and how many weeks and days are you now?