Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in August 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

The Due in August 2018 Big Birth Announcement Thread!

2»

Replies

• Options

Still you sounded like you handled it amazingly. 

Mans your right once you meet your baby you forget everything you go through. I can’t believe my little one is 2 weeks old tomorrow time really does just fly by like she is getting a little chunk already she loves her food lol 

• Options

Helscee you really did have a rough time of it, I put my hands up to you going through that. Your wee man is so beautiful 😁💙💙. It's hard to believe all the babies are starting to arrive. 

• Options

Oh helscee, what an ordeal - how you feeling about it all now? George is perfect though, but sounds like you had a real hard time getting him here. PS please pop me over your full name and addy via PM

• Options

Thanks ladies, I’m feeling a lot more myself today! Because of losing so much blood I have been told to not really do anything for the first week but managed to get outside for 10 mins today which felt like a big achievement! 

It really is true, you forget all about it the second they are in your arms. 

• Options
    Birth story sorry a bit late. 

Woke at 3am on tuesday 7th period cramps

Had a cramp every 10mins lasting 1 min throughout the morning. Carried on as normal fed ducks with my son. 

At 3pm thenly were every 8 mins and getting more painful making you bend over to catch breath.. Lasting 40 seconds 

Called hubby home from work at 4. 

Put our son to bed at 7 at this time they were every 3 mins lasting 40 seconds. 

Waters still hadnt gone. 

Called hospital they said come in. 

Got checked was totally gutted 1cm dialated. 

Contraction pains were really intense but wouldnt give me pain relief. 

Baby was back to back. I thought she may be as the contraction pains were so much worse than my labour with my son. 

Contractions came every 2 mins thick and fast. 

1 and half hours later was 4 cms 

Got gas and air at last. 

Pain was excruciating in back. 

Waters went. 

30 mins later was 10cm and pushing on all 4s on the floor. Body totally took over and was all over very fast in the end. 

She was worth all the pain all healthy. and daddy cut the cord.

Had 2nd degree tear again so stiches needed. After 45 mins of stiches dtayed over in hospital the night and was home next day about 11 ish aftr newborn check. 

This birth was much more traumatic than my first but I assume that was position of baby. Anyways all healthy and happy so delighted with our new addition. 😍 xxx
  • Options

Had a sweep done on Thursday 9th term + 4. I was at 2cm dilated Walked 5 hours that day and loads the day after too. 

Had A brown discharge or show the Friday evening. Saturday went in the bath and my back was cramping I got more energy bounced on the ball for 5 minutes every 30 minutes because that’s all I could do. Went for a walk at about 9 that night because it was raining. But then had a feeling not to go as far as I wanted. Went home to watch a film felt a few niggles.

woke Up to go to the toilet at 2:30 ish and was able to time contractions every 13 - 15 mins. by 4 I felt I shpuld prepare to get ready so got dressed and sorted myself out cleaned the kitchen and almost as soon as I started moving about pains increased to every 6 minutes or so. 

I phoned the unit at 6 and they said as I was talking to her though them i could stay home If I wanted. After talking to them my contractions seemed to slow and a few hours later they seemed to be further apart but twice as long and intense. So I came on here for advice and called my little boy. Who told little Elsa Grace to hurry up.

well she listene. I phoned for ambulance at 10;40 and was on the phone with them ti 11;50 when they arrived. When asked how far apart contractions were I said every 5 minutes because I hadnt been timing them whilst on then phone. Got in the ambulance sat there for a minute and they said my contractions were actually coming every 1-3 minute. they gave me gas and Air and sent me with sirens and blue lights to the hospital. I think we got there about 12:20.

i was wheeled On a bed up to the assesment unit where theye told me I was 6cm and taken to the labour unit. My birthing partners arrived as I got into the labour unit at 12:55 ish. I stuck to the gas and air by 1:30 the contractions were constant no break in between. I stood up walked around as much as I could bent over the bed and got on all 4s on the bed. The pressure was unreal by 1:45 and my waters hadn’t gone I told them I needed to push. With one big scream and a massive pop I thought I was pushing the baby but it was my waters!! My god girls I’ve never felt Anything like them waters going!! They went at 1:55 and by 2:02 pm I was pushing and screaming baby elsa into the world. It was hard going but I was lucky enough not to tear or need stitches and it was very straight forward i felt so much more pain as I had diamorpine with my first but was so proud of myself!! An hour later I was in the shower after my pee and was lucky enough to walk into a ward at 5 o clock. 

it is so true when they say every labour and baby is different. She is so content , alert and happy. We’re being kept in til she is 72 hours for observation but they have no concerns so far and neither do I!! 30 hours and we will be prepping to go home!! On my birthday 😍 best present ever 😝image

• Options

She is a wee dote Kath and what a brilliant head of hair 😀 roll on until your home and in your own comfort zone xx

• Options

Amazing birth stories - Vonnie, you dilated so fast - that's amazing! And Kathenzplus1, you did so well! 

Please don't forget to PM me your full name and address! 

• Options

Awww amazing stories ladies!! Vonnie well done on the back to back labour, I bet that was so painful.

kathkenz she is gorgeous! I’m very impressed you laboured for so long at home by yourself, and I can totally sympathise with feeling of waters breaking, when they broke mine I nearly cried with the relief from the pressure