Forum home Birth clubs Due in December 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Announcing the news

Hi everyone! Newbie here.  I’m due on 17 December, so it’s still very early days for us. This is our first pregnancy after trying for a year (and me having surgery to remove fibroids in February) and it’s difficult to believe it’s true after all this time. 

What I was wondering was when are others planning on sharing their news and who with?

We haven’t told anyone yet but I’d like our mums to know - I just feel like it might be difficult to tell them good news and then if something goes wrong it could be doubly disappointing. 

Look forward to hearing what other people are thinking!

Replies

• Options
    We told people who we would want support from/who would need to know if the worst was to happen. Everyone else we told at 12 weeks. So we told all of our parents and very close friends around the 5-8week mark. 

It's such a personal decision though. My only advice is that you should only tell people for your own reasons. Don't go against your gut because you think they 'should' know and don't hold off telling them just because there is a risk of disappointment for them. Do what's right for you. 😊

Good luck with everything, wish you a very healthy and happy 8 months.