Forum home Due in January 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in January 2018

Replies

• Options

Two people have touched my bump, no strangers yet, my aunts mum and my 2nd cousin. I think I visibly grimaced at both...

• Options

I'm not sure how happy I'd be with strangers touching it but I'm happy for friends and family to give it a pat...within reason! There's a spatial issue too with it, as when they are stood in front of you, giving it a good old rub and the obligatory 'awwwww' sounds, they are actually invading your personal space. If they are there for a while, chatting away and asking you a lot of questions, it can be quite intrusive. In the past, I've used the odd excuse here and there to keep some people at arms length a bit! 

• Options

I feel I've got flu. Headache and blocked nose and my leg is chronically aching. So scared to sleep because I've read so many bad things on Google 

• Options

Katpaws love your bump!  This is my first, 19w. I think I just feel so massive because I know my tummy was 88cm before I fell pregnant and now it's 106cm. I had been going to the gym and was taking measurements so I could track my progress.

I am dreading people touching my tummy and have asked the ladies at work who have been pregnant who is a tummy toucher so I can avoid them! I am not comfortable with hugging most of my friends so strangers touching me will freak me out.

• Options

Found out we are having a girl at 20 week scan 💖💖💖💖

• Options

Congrats everyone I have my 20 week scan a week today I can't wait! Just need that reassurance that little man is ok! 

Just want to feel him move im sure with my daughter I felt flutters by now x

I only let my daughter and husband touch my belly ewww the thought of other people makes me feel sick lol x

• Options

I hate people touching me let alone my bump I'm not sure how I got pregnant to be honest 😂😂😂

• Options

😂😂😂😂

• Options

Awwh your baby bumps are lovely ☺️ 

I don't mind people I know touching my bump, we're a very huggy family 🙈 but strangers I do have a problem with, it's too much in my personal space lol 

I've just got some bargains from boohoo.com they have a sale on maternity clothes and then an extra 20% off, not sure if anyone would be interested ☺️ Xxxx

• Options

Actually ladies, don't bother looking on boohoo I've just rreceived my order and the sizes are absolutely ridiculous! 😐 xxxxx

• Options

Omg i orderd from them and most of the items were huge on me .Wont bother ordering from them again .😁x

• Options

No neither will I Mich! I spent most of the time just laughing at how ridiculous I looked 🙈 

Best jeans I've found are H&M but sticking with normal clothes maybe in a bigger size for tops/dresses, fed up looking at maternity clothes, they're so boring or frumpy! Lol xxx

• Options

imageOops haven't posted for ages! Had our scan last week and he's all looked good 💙 :-) placenta is slightly low so gotta go back at 34weeks to be checked. If it's still low then we'll need a caesarean. 

Best jeans I've found are Topshop Joni ones... bit pricey, but they're so comfy! Over the bump ones are also a lot more comfier than under the bump... Also bought 5 pairs of H&M over the bump leggings! 

My friend is giving me a couple of bags of maternity clothes tomorrow so that's exciting 😃

• Options

Lauralouke I love the H&M range as it doesn't all look like it's come out of Marks and Spencer's 1980s range. Maternity clothes can be ridiculously old fashioned. Just bought some more bits from New Look as it seemed ok but they've not been delivered yet so I'll let you know. I bought some size 14 jeans from Asda's maternity range a couple of weeks ago and the whole family could get inside them! They are obviously made for giants as I'm 5ft7 and there was about a foot of fabric over my feet! 😂

• Options

Hi ladies, just had a quick scan through over what's been posted the past few days, we moved house on Thursday so have no Internet at the moment so hard to catch up often! 

I hated people touching my bump with number one, I found it so personal and rude!! 

Loving all you who have had your 20 weeks scans, must be great to have another peek at baby! Our scan is on Thursday I will be 20+6 then. I have kicks constantly throughout the day and when I lie down I can see my belly bouncing around 😂 

Glad you're all doing well xx

• Options

StephieLou95 that must be lovely to see your bump moving. I am still waiting to feel any movement image Does it hurt or is it uncomfortable?

I have my scan on Tuesday 5th and will be 20+5, and I am having a 4D scan on 16th for my Mum. She is travelling and leaves in September but wont be back until end of April, she is gutted she will miss the birth but its not something I would let her cancel. 

I just have 1 pair of jeans from Top shop and 1 from Mothercare. I couldnt believe the price of them especially when I will only be wearing them for a short while. I think i am just going to buy bigger tops instead of maternity ones although I really like some from Spoilt Rotten maternity stuff so I think I shall splurge on one as a treat. 

Hope everyone is well.

• Options

Hi all sorry I've been quiet, 

I had my 20wk scan yesterday and we are having a Girl woooooo so another girl for me and the first for my partner. We are over the moon. 

I'm feeling movement aswell it's like an electric shock at times but not as painful, (just under my belly button) but I'm feeling it alot more since being there yesterday I think it's of the lady pressing really hard it's sorta work her up lol she was also breech to I actually don't know what that means.  So were now starting to look into storage for clothes for our little madam I'm getting everything second hand and just up cycling them. 

• Options

Ahhh a huge congrats .i find out monday cant wait .But keep having dreams they say the sex i buy pink or blue , when baby is delivered they get it wrong .Eeekk hope not 😁😂xx

• Options

Ooooh it's so exciting to hear how many people have had the 20 weeks scan! Two more days for us! 

Update on the New Look stuff I bought: mostly awful! Sizes were way out (huge) and not at all flattering. 

I'm definitely feeling Alan (it's Alan Grapefruit this week lol) move. Got some really quite painful kicks down into my groin last week! But most of the time I'm getting movements and kicks later in the evening. 

Can I ask how often everyone is seeing the midwife? After our last 16wk appointment she told me I didn't need to make another until 28 weeks. Feels like such a long time! 

• Options

I have seen my midwife twice so far. Once for the booking appointment and then once at 15 weeks when we got to hear the heartbeat. I have been told to text her when I am 21 weeks and let her know when I am 25 weeks so she can get a form filled out for me but I have no idea when I am meant to book my next appointment. I was just going to wait until after the scan and check with her. It doesnt seem like I see her all that often.

What happens with antenatal classes and stuff where we learn how to breath? Does anyone know when we need to look at organising it?