Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in January 2020

Replies

• Options
    @Tara11 I’m exactly the same...hoping symptoms aren’t just psychological! I’ve got a daughter & had 2 miscarriages since so quite anxious this time round! I’ve had sore boobies here & there and that’s it! Kind of looking forward to symptoms too but as I remember they were more 6/7 weeks onwards...sickness & tiredness so try not to worry! I’ve had a few twinges in my belly but not sure if it’s just worry/anxiety/nerves! Xx 
  • Options
    Just remember ladies that having symptoms isn't necessarily a sign that all is well over no symptoms at all ... I had tiredness, nausea, MS and realllly sore boobs from 6-12 weeks last time before finding out about my MMC at the 12 weeks scan ... so if you have no symptoms, just embrace it and enjoy being a lucky one! I naively assumed that with strong symptoms all must be well last time. It is not necessarily the case and every person and every pregnancy is different. Unfortunately for me, I seem to once again have some good old fashioned strong symptoms ... I just have to hope that this time it's for a good reason!! :) 
  • Options
    I felt so bloated last pregnancy but this time I haven't got that yet 
    The sickness is killing me off slowly from the moment I wake up till I go bed it's like I'm on a constant rollercoaster although not physically being sick had a close moments thou roll on second trimester and hopefully feel abit more normal 

Agree with kmic last time I also had all the symptoms of a normal pregnancy was shocked when I went for a scan never expected it at all 

Been doctors today and picked up my pregnancy booklets (Emma's diary) so will have a look through them tonight xx

• Options
    @Rainbowsunshine we are totally in the same boat!! I must admit I do feel much better this afternoon than I did this morning, but I did just polish off a big bag of popcorn which might have helped! Haha!!
  • Options
    Hi everyone, I've just found out on pregnant with my second and will be due on the 29th of January! Good luck to all and hope you all have healthy pregnancies
  • Options
    Tara11 I'm the same as you, I have no symptoms at all. No sickness, no tiredness, no sore boobs..... not a thing xx
  • Options
    Hey @MUM2TB, we remember you from a while back! How is your daughter? And huge congratulations! 
  • Options
    Thank you Danielle ! Shes great thank you about to start potty training! 😁
  • Options
    Hi @MUM2TB ! Welcome along to the group! And congratulations! 😀 any symptoms yet?! X
  • Options
    @KMic thank you! Apart from slightly sore boobs nothing! Which is what I was like in my first pregnancy. The only reason why I tested was because I had bad cramps and no bleeding. But all that's settled for now xx
  • Options
    @MUM2TB sore boobies here & there is my first not symptoms too. My appetite has reduced but not sure if that’s down to worrying / anxiety, anyone else experience a reduced appetite early on? X 
  • Options
    @Ninjabunni much planned for tomorrow?! i've a meal with some friends this evening and then another meal with the family tomorrow. Basically just FOOD. Lol! Never felt less enthused about a birthday!! 

More nausea for me this morning, however I did have a couple of slices of toast for breakfast and that has helped a bit I think as i'm not as bad as I was yesterday! SO GLAD it's a 3 day weekend and then i'm only back at work 1 day before going on holiday for a week! Perfect timing!! Cant wait to chill out!!!!! Has anyone flown in early pregnancy before? Any tips to ensure everything remains ok? I've just been told to keep hydrated! x
  • Options
    Just very vivid dreams for me! No sickness yet. I’m off today so plan on doing some housework and chilling out, I am on night shifts at work over the weekend! ☹️ 
    I’m due on holiday in 6 weeks, I read up about it and all seemed okay, plenty of fluids & extra leg room but I think that was for further on pregnancies. 
    My sickness came around week 7 with my daughter so I should hopefully be safe for another week or two! Lol. 
    Got my booking in appointment with midwife sent for 12th June 😬 X 
  • Options
    @KMic I am also interested to hear about flying during pregnancy! I will hopefully be 15 weeks when I fly to Orlando for two weeks (gutted I can't ride the roller coasters whilst there!) Any tips or advice ladies? Or anyone had any experiences of being pregnant at Disney? Xx
  • Options
    @KMic @Tara11 with my last pregnancy my husband and I flew to the USA (14 hour flight) when I was about 4 and a half weeks. I just drank heaps of water and snacked consistently as the only pregnancy symptom I had at that point was nausea! 

We also went to Disney in Orlando, it was cool but I couldn't go on pretty much any of the rides and it was so HOT (we were there in July) so I spent most of the day feeling sick lol. By that stage my morning sickness had well and truly kicked in (Vomiting multiple times a day, non-stop queasiness). It was still cool to see all the movie references and stuff though. And we stayed in the hotel and the pool was nice!
  • Options
    Ooo @Tara11 you are going to be number one bag holder!!!

I was due to go to Iceland at 14 weeks last time I was pregnant and the midwife said there would be no issues ... and I know other people who have flown in early pregnancy and there have been absolutely no issues... but you cant help but worry about all that pressure up there! I'm only popping over to Majorca so at least it's a short flight for me ... also going Budapest in September, but will (hopefully) be a bit further along by then!! 
  • Options
    I’m flying to Majorca at around 10 weeks and Tenerife at 18 weeks but hoping TUI will allow us to change the Tenerife holiday as we have only paid deposit so far and want to change it to next year, has anyone ever changed dates of a holiday due to pregnancy? 
    I read up about it and most holiday companies are fine with flying until quite late on in pregnancy. Just check your insurance in case you need anything when over there x 
  • Options
    Oo thanks @Long35 good to know! 

Nausea isn't as bad for me today I am pleased to report! I had some toast first thing and it seems to have kept it a little more at bay for me! :) 
  • Options
    Im going on holiday to Madrid in August when I'll be 14 weeks. Just not looking forward to the heat. I was meant to be going to marrakesh in December but have decided against it. @Long35 I have changed my holiday with tui to September next year when hopefully baby will be a little older. I was fine to change the booking just had to pay £50 per person. I did have to call and speak to them and explain I'm pregnant and am unsure how many babies and there names as online you have to fill in these details. So for now they just made a note on my booking. But it wont cost me anything as infants are free. 
  • Options
    I'm also going to Greece instead of marrakesh. So completely changed my destination @Long35
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions