Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in January 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• Options
    Hi ladies 
    I couldn’t find the heart beat at first @KMic I was far to high on my belly then I watched a you tube video and I found it eventually after around 15 minutes. It’s tricky at first but I got used to it and the next day I found it within 5 mins. I won’t use it anymore this week but it has reassured me.
    @Long35 I’ve had pulling crampy pains but I’m sure with my last 2 pregnancies I had the same. I’m the same as you just about I’m 12+4 and mine started today I think it’s completely normal hun xxxx 

• Options
    I’m 12wks5days @#Jules# me and you are very similar! Still no bleeding, just taken a couple of paracetamol. Pregnancy unit told me to wait until my scan Monday. It’s been going on most of the day in waves of getting more painful than less. 
    Thanks everyone ❤️ Hoping it’s just the stretching of the ligaments but to put my mind at rest I’ve booked a private scan for 9:15am tomorrow, could have done without it the week before payday but never mind, what are credit cards for! 🤭 Xx 
  • Options

Hi everyone, pleased to say everything is fine! The cyst on my right ovary has shrunk so they think it may have ruptured which was causing the pain but baby is all fine and measuring as it should. Now sat trying to work out this nub theory lol xx 
  • Options

Happy to say all is well, heartbeat and baby measuring exactly how it should be! My cyst has shrunk from 5cm to 2.5cm so they think the pain may have been my cyst rupturing 😢 but it won’t cause any harm. Now say trying to work out the nub theory lol xx 
  • Options
    Aww so pleased everything went well @Long35 I haven't a clue about the nub theroy xx
  • Options
    Ooh the nub theory I wish I hadn't have heard this as I feel like I know the gender already and I want a surprise haha but theres no harm in guessing I think I'm having another girl but I cant quite work out if it's the nub or not. Long I think maybe a girl... 
  • Options
    I’m so inpatient ha I want to know! I have a private gender scan 3 weeks tomorrow, looking at today’s though I’m thinking possibly a girl 💗 I really don’t mind what I have, just a healthy pregnancy and for this pregnancy to be over haha xx 
  • Options
    Glad everything was good, Long! 😊

One of my friends had her baby today, a little girl. Making me feel impatient 🤣🤣 15 weeks on Monday and I'm hoping I get a big burst of energy lol. I spent most of today laying in bed or on the couch, have had some cramping and nausea so taking it real easy.
  • Options
    Arrr wow @Long35 your pictures are so clear and what a relief you must feel now. I can't see the nub on your scan but the skull theory is suggesting a boy but Im no expert haha. Less then a week for my scan it can't come quick enough. Then gender scan 2 weeks after that so exciting it really is xxxx
  • Options
    Is anyone suffering from insomnia? I'm so tired but I cant sleep waaaahhh 😪
  • Options
    @Long35 such lovely photos, so glad all was well 😊.
    how does the skull theory work? I’m bursting to find out what we’re having, I’ve got all boys (but would be totally happy with another as I know what I’m doing with boys!) but would absolutely love a girl. Hubby has 2 girls 2 boys so the suspense is killing me!! 
  • Options
    @MUM2TB I had the worst nights sleep last night! Can’t decide if it’s pregnancy insomnia or the husbands snoring that kept me awake!!! He is getting the blame today though of course 🤣 

it’s 14 weeks for me today! It’s nice to feel like i’m finally progressing as i kept getting pushed slightly back by measurements so felt like I was around 12 weeks for AGES 🤣 

I hosted a sleepover for my step daughter last night - 6 11 year olds were fully entertained from 3-10 and then I left them to it! It was good fun, and I doubt she’ll get one next year with baby being on the scene so wanted to make it special for her. But I am exhausted today! The lack of sleep doesn’t help. 

Xx
  • Options

@Geriatricmum Google the Nub Theory, its says you can hazard a guess from your 12 week scan...according to a white mark/line that appears in-between the legs and the angle it is pointing at.  Hard to explain but worth a look!  I tried on mine but its not very clear so I have no idea although a couple of my friends think a girl...

My sleep has been all over the place but luckily not feeling as fatigued anymore so trying to relax on my days off, I work 12/13hour shifts which means I'm only in work 3 days a week if I don't pick up any overtime which I have cut down on since finding out I was pregnant.

I'm 13 weeks today so also feel like I've hit a bit of a milestone!  I'm at the hospital tomorrow for scan/checks, private gender scan is 3 weeks today at Mothercare...I am so inpatient so want to find out also!  I have a girl and my husband has a daughter so not sure what I'd do with a boy lol although a boy would be nice to even things out a little! xx

• Options
    Random question... does anyone know of where I can book a gender scan that will allow hubby and my 3 kids in? 
  • Options
    @Geriatricmum Mothercare allow up to 4/5 people in with you, £60 for gender scan and can book online. I’m taking husband and two girls to mine xx 
  • Options
    Fab thanks @Long35 I’ll get booked for next week 😊 xx
  • Options
    If you have a window to the womb near you they also allow you to bring a few people with you 59 pound 

I've got mine a week today eeekk
    I think just me and my partner are going to go I'm going to order one of them cannons for when we get home also poundland do the balloons so I've got one of them too and we are going to let the children know that way I'm far to excited I'll never be able to sleep sunday night 😂 xx
  • Options

Hospital went fine and my cyst has gone! Anybody any good at the nub or skull theory?? I really can’t work it out! Guesses / predictions welcome! Xx 
  • Options
    I have no idea about nub or skull theory, sorry Long! Glad to hear that pesky cyst has gone away though! :)

I'm still feeling really tired, 15 weeks yesterday and still waiting for this burst of energy to return! I don't think it helps that we are smack bang in the middle of winter so it's dark and cold and rainy outside most days. I've also found that I'm having trouble falling back asleep after my middle-of-the-night pee haha. Usually need to go around 3:30 and it takes forevvvvvvver to go back to sleep! And my husbands alarm goes off at 4:45am so if I'm not asleep by then I usually don't end up going back to sleep at all. Last night I got home from work and was asleep by 8pm. 

Ah the joys of growing a human haha
  • Options
    I’m guessing a girl @Long35 ... but 🤷‍♀️ 

I’m SO tired again today. This heat is a killer!! Feel sorry for all those who are further along! 

I spent the eve try to prod and feel for any form of movement ... which was totally unsuccessful! 🤣 has anyone felt anything yet? X
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions