Forum home Birth clubs Due in January 2022
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Severe morning sickness help!!

This is my 2nd pregnancy and I’ve been suffering from horrendous sickness. Day and night. I’m on 2 different types of antisickness meds with one admission to hospital thrown in ☹️

I’m 11 weeks now and I do seem to be having some slightly better days. But I’m the whole I still feel dreadful. I can barely look after my daughter nor can I cook proper evening meals. The food aversions are intense.

I guess I’m looking for some hope that this will pass. I don’t remember it lasting all my pregnancy last time.so When did it pass for you? Where you able to cook decent meals in the 2nd trimester? 

Replies

• Options
    I’ve not been sick yet but have felt sick 24/7. I lost over a stone as couldn’t face eating anything. I thought it was never going to end I felt so poorly all the time. Got to about 13 weeks and it started to ease and was gone by 14 x
  • Options
    Aww thank you @Lh8609 I really hope mine goes too. I’m really struggling. It’s horrible 
  • Options
    Which meds are you on? Can they trial a different one? I’ve been dealing with HG. I’m on my fourth type of med to trial which has finally allowed me to think and look at food. I still dry heave maybe once a day and am sick 1-2 every day or other day but it is significantly better on my newest in terms of quality of life. I think it’s just about finding the meds that allow that. Are you also sticking to the beige diet? 
  • Options
    I'm not sure about you guys but I drank Coke, it helped me with my morning sickness, seemed to be the other thing after countless hours of talking to other pregnant mothers who I knew and they told me all their things that helped them, but Coke did it for me.