Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in July 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in July 2016 - Part 2

Replies

• Options

No ive got a little boy age 4. x 

• Options

Thank you I've never had a 3D scan before it was very cool might have to get a proper one in a couple of months ;)

• Options

I just gettin 2d scan find out sex of my Wee baby but when I am further on going for the hd live 4d scan can't wait x

• Options

That's fabby Claire2015 going save you a gd bit money that it's a Wee boy since you kept your Wee boys things x

• Options

It was like a complementary 3D picture but they did a few which they put on a disc and was £2.00 to buy one printed 3D picture I think the scan was about £60 xx yeah defo I've got a tonne of mitts, vests and bibs, some stuff I can't use because he was a winter baby so will need to buy shorts etc :) xx 

• Options

Week 16+4 only 3 days left till i have my gender scan :D

• Options

hi ladies, I'm panicking a bit!! im going to tell my daughter today that she's going to be a big sister, she's 4, but I'm terrified in case the baby hasn't made pukked through!!! I'm 15+6 today but haven't felt anything yet, I thought I had but those feelings have stopped!!!! have you ladies started feeling movements yet? If so how far along were you? I don't have my midwife appointment until a week tuesday so dont really want to wait until then before I tell her as I need to be warning work!! Lol! 

I think im worried because at my 12 week scan baby barely moved, yet the previous scan at the epau it was wriggling all over the place..... Has anyone had a scan where their baby didnt move and everything been ok? I was in the scan room for 30 mins and was up and down to try and get it To move positive but it wasn't budging..... The sonographer just said they all have resting times but I'm terrified and can't get it out of my mind, more so now I'm going to tell my daughter as I don't want to the have to give her bad news as a later date!!!

sorry for the long post!!!!

• Options

Hi flossy, I am 18 weeks today and not really felt anything yet. I had a couple of fluttering a about 2 weeks ago but nothing since. This is my first so I don't really know what to expect.

• Options

It's just hard... this is my second pregnancy so although my first was a while ago, I thought I had some fluttering a week or so ago, which would have been very early.

i think it is the lack of movement at my dating now scan which has made me panic a bit!!

• Options

I think with your first it just clicks that what you've been feeling is the baby all of a sudden :)

• Options

I think if the hosptial were worried in any way there would have told you cum back for other scan at s later date your Wee girl be really exicted my kids have know since I been 5 weeks as I had really bad sickness could not hid it x

• Options

I've had bad sickness too, still do but luckily, she isn't old enough for it to have crossed her mind or ever been around someone that's pregnant!!!

i hope she's excited, I dont know how much of it she will understand really but as long as she smiles I will be happy!!! :)

my fiance keeps saying if they were concerned they'd have said something there and then, I just think its unusual for it not to move, they even had me doing star jumps which didn't work!! Lol! 

• Options

Aww bless baby was maybe having a little sleepy time. the last scan he wasnt movping much just kicking his legs out and moving his head really, on the 12 week he flipped over so they could measure and he was moving his legs a bit. Maybe have a private scan to put your mind at rest or ring the midwife tomorrow and ask for a doppler examination, they will do it for you to put your mind at rest xx 

• Options

At 4 that's a gd age 2 understand just try not 2 worry as everybody says if there were worried you would have been told cum back baby heartbeat would have been beating X 

• Options

Flossyflossy did they mention the position of your placenta? If it anterior that can effect how much of the early movements you'll actually feel. My placenta is anterior and I'm 19 weeks tomorrow I can have a day where I feel lots of flutters and attempts at little kicks then nothing for days and days. Also like the others said if they'd have been concerned you'd have been called at at least 16 weeks. The main problem with the not movement during the scan is the sonagraphers can often struggle to get measurements so this is why the can end up keeping you longer and appear to be trying And trying to get little one to shift. If u r really concerned ring ur midwife though, she's there to both provide ur clinical and reassurance when you need it xxx

• Options

Claire2015, lush scan! Paying for 4d one at about 30 weeks. Had one last pregnancy which was a bit of a flop coz son had hand in front of half his face but I did have a lovely DVD of him swallowing and making a face like fluid was sour and he didn't like it so worth every penny

• Options

Clinical care and reassurance that should say flossy x

• Options

Thanks for your replies.... I think I'm just paranoid as it's taken a while of ttc to be at this point is a huge deal.... I'm still feeling sick a lot and putting on weight and growing, I'm just worried! Don't want to have to put my daughter through any heartbreak!!

i only have to wait a week come Tuesday for my midwife appointment so not long to go :)

• Options

I'm sure everything is fine, and your daughter will be so happy to have a baby bro or sister :) 

• Options

Hi Flossy at my 12 week scan my baby hardly moved so much so i had to do exercises on the bed which to be honest didn't really work. In the end she didn't get the baby head measured because the baby just wouldn't move. She wasn't concerned and baby had a strong heart beat. I'm sure everything is fine x