Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in September 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in September 2018

1444546474850»

Replies

• Options

Oh and Charleemay I definitely don’t think that’s fat!! Nice little bump you got going 😍

• Options

Aww DogMum thats my fav meal too! Raging have to overcook steak now I’m preggers.

it took us a day to pick out little girls name once she was born. We had a few picked but none seemed right when she was born. 

Our hospital in NI dosnt ask about gender outright but at 20 week scan ask ‘is there anything else you would like to know?’. And if they can clearly tell then they will tell you the gender. 

• Options

riamushk  know that feeling to well. My mother in law had a say it my 1st’s middle name and now is wanting a say in this ones aswell. She gets upset etc but I’m not at the point where I say to my husband no not a chance and he’s agrees with me as I get really frustrated and will cry for days. We have tried so hard to balance it all out but it’s been hard with all girls. 

we picked George as I was really close to my papa he was more like a dad to me in a sense but past just before my oldest was born.

we Always have our names picked I’m one of these kind of people who have to be organised incase I go early (1st was born at 34weeks) my oldest has autism and needs to be told every detail so she gets excited when we find out although desperately wants a little brother xxx

• Options

Love catching up on these posts! We haven't really looked into names too much yet but we've always liked Max for a boy and Bella for a girl. A lot could change in the next few months but we seem to always come back to those two names. We aren't gonna find out the sex, it's our first baby so we want a surprise. It will be our first wedding anniversary on 1st September and baby due on 23rd so i'll be heavily pregnant when we celebrate it! Here's a pic of our big day, I wish we could do it all over again :) xxx

• Options

image12+3 i Looked like this at 18 weeks with my first 🤦🏼‍♀️😂

• Options

I am just refusing to have any meat that I would normally have cookes pink/rare so for the next 6/7 months I am off steak, lamb, duck or any game of any sort 😫 I have already picked the restaurant I want to go to when I can eat it again, very pricey at average for £50 a steak but I don't care, I am sure it will be worth it 🙈 

My morther inlaw is starting to get particularly crazy! She actually wrote a script on what she thinks is the best words we should use when we tell family next week. I feel as time goes on her crazy level will just go up and up 😂 

X

• Options

Hey guys, 

Sorry not been around, i have been reading just not posting.. ive not been very well over the past 2 weeks cough and dry heaving all the time.. i havent been able to eat a huge amount and fruit really is the thing i can eat without feeling awful... 

I miss steak, thats all i want but refuse to eat it well done ... 

Went for an emergency scan tgis morning asi was bleeding last night ( i wad 13 +2 which is about where i was when i miscarried in 2016 ) 

I was pooing myself... turns out all is ok, but now measuring 13 +6 ( not sure how ) which means ive past my last miscarrage date 😊... 

Ive another scan on tuesday however i will be 14 +4 which means i may not get my downs testing ... which as an older mother  (35 )im a little worried about...

• Options

Great scan pics. I spoke too soon about the sickness, it came back yesterday. Strange that Tues, Weds and Thurs i felt fine and now it's back 

• Options

I’m so annoyed, finally found out my scan date - it isn’t till 27th. ill be 13+6 by then! I’m already struggling to hide my bump now image

considering paying for another private scan but already did that at 8 weeks and they’re not the cheapest. Not sure I can’t wait that long image

sorry for the rant, just needed to vent!x

• Options

TTC, I know it's frustrating isn't it. My first scan I was 13+4 and my 20 week scan will be at 22 weeks!

If you really think another private scan would reassure you I'd say go for it. The time between getting my letter and actually going for the scan did go a lot faster than I expected so fingers crossed it's the same for you! 

• Options

Thanks for the reply MrsB, the main thing is that I don’t want to tell people till we’ve had the scan, but I’ve already outgrown my work uniforms so its getting really hard to hide it!

i just want to be able to relax a little bit more and stop lying to people 😂

• Options

It sucks not being able to say. We ended up announcing at 11 weeks as I was so ill, and told work colleagues at 12 weeks, I was really nervous as we hadn't had the scan yet. That was totally a case of needs must though. Can you call the number on your letter and see if they have anything earlier for you? It's always worth a shot.

Hopefully most people at your work have the sense to just not say even if they suspect. Several people told me they had guessed weeks before but were waiting on me to say.

I've come to the conclusion that the little half butterflies I've had for the last few days must be the baby moving around! It's so early (15+5 today) but it's exactly where baby should be lying and tends to happen a couple of times in a row - mainly at night! Does anyone know what else could be causing it? I really hope I'm right 😊

• Options

Well I've been super hormonal today and wanted your opinion on whether I'm overreacting!

Went to my mum's this afternoon with her mothers day and my sister was there. I'd told her way before I fell pregnant what my 2 favourites for names were - she's the only person I've actually told as I didn't want people giving constant opinions and trying to change my mind. 

Anyway conversation turned to baby and what we were going to call it. It annoyed me enough that the entire family were throwing names at me when they know we already chose two, and she turned round and announced she hopes I've come up with 'nicer than what you said before' and slagging my girls name in particular. 

I could almost understand if it was a really weird name but I think Evelyn is very normal as names go. I had a good cry about it when I got home, and told her to stop throwing in her opinion because it upsets me and feels like she's attacking the baby. Now my mum's told me she's 'entitled to an opinion' - I don't think she actually is when it's MY baby.  Am I just being silly? 

Sorry for the rant, hubby's working until late and I just need to vent somewhere!

• Options

Oh dear!!! I don't think your over reacting if she's not keen on the name she shouldn't have said anything, at the end if the day it's your choice. Hope you feel better!! Btw I think Evelyn is a lovely name, very pretty.

• Options

Sorry to hear youve had a bad day.. 

I think your sister is being quite selfish, did you ask for her opinion? Do you think ahe might be jealous?

i belive there is a saying, 

If you havent got anything nice to say dont say it... 

I too think evelyn is a lovely name.. 

Rant away thats what we are here for xx 

Hugs x

• Options

Post withdrawn by MFM HQ at poster’s request

• Options

MrsB I had the same experience with my family with my first- they hated any name I came up with. Every one has their opinion and wants to come up with the name u chose but they don’t realise how hurtful it can be when you have a name close to your heart. It got to a point where I did not tell anyone what I was thinking for names and ended up not finalising a name till baby was born. They all said they liked the name once we had given it to Mya but I guess they could say nothing else as decision was made. 

Evelyn is. A beautiful name!

Ive also been feeling movements over the past few days- feels like fluttering/ bubbles in my stomach. Didn’t feel anything till around 22 weeks last time so it is a pleasant surprise 😀😀

• Options

Hi everyone, we've just spotted this thread is approaching the 1k posts mark, which means it's getting a bit hard to load on some devices, so we've kicked off a continuation thread for you here. 

Please do make sure you come on over to the new thread and click the green Follow button so you don't miss out on any posts. 

We'll lock this thread in a day or so to give you all a chance to see this post and find the new thread. 

New thread here! 

• Options

Locking this thread now peeps.

New thread here!  Please click on the link and hit the green follow button so not to miss any posts.