Forum home Birth clubs Due in September 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby daddy

Hi ladies, 
I’m due my first child in just 4 days now! Getting nervous!! 
But my post today is about my baby’s dad. 
We were not in a relationship when I fell pregnant. 
I told him as soon as I got a positive test and he blocked my number and everything. A few weeks later he unblocked me and messaged saying he was sorry and he wanted to be involved. 
I told him I wouldn’t stop him from being involved but he had to make an effort which he said he would. 
i never heard from him again. 
I would send scan dates, appointment dates. I didn’t get a single message or phone call back. So I stopped trying. Why should I make an effort instead of taking care of myself!!
anyway! 
2 days ago (6DAYS BEFORE MY DUE DATE!!)
i get a message through social media, from the father, telling me again how he is sorry and how he wants to be involved now and how he’s finally told his parents and they want to meet me before I give birth and he’s demanding to be at the hospital when I give birth despite my birthing plan already set! 
I would never deny my child the chance to know her father, but I’m just struggling how to deal with him popping back up now. How am I meant to trust he won’t disappear again! 
I don’t want my child to form a bond with him then he turns his back again! 
Trying not to stress over it and keep everything zen over the next few days but it’s really playing on my mind and I really don’t know what to do! 
Any help or advise from you ladies? C