Forum home Product Tests Expert Q&As
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Mon 28 September - midwife Jenny Smith

2»

Replies

• Options
    Dear Gemma, I think if the discharge is green it should be checked as you may have an infection or if your waters have gone it may be meconium liquor -when the baby has pooed in the baby waters. It's very unlikely a problem as it may be just a discoloured show but it is important to go to the hospital and have a swab taken from your vagina to check all is fine.
  • Options
    Dear Peanuts mum, early pregnancy can be full of aches and pains. Obviously you have had a bit of bleeding and i can understand why you are anxious as your breasts are less sore. I think the best plan would be to contact your obstitritian and have another scan soon. If you do get heavy bleeding it is important to go to A&E. Thinking of you!
  • Options
    Dear Maria, I have heard good reports from Epi-No from a few women who have used it frequently so i would recommend it. Do not worry about your weight if your baby is growing well and healthy. Make sure you continue to eat sensibly. Having a baby within the year try to concieve after the first 6 months. Keep taking folic acid all the time, eat a very healthy well balanced diet and look after yourself, resting during the post natal time with your baby.
  • Options
    Dear everyone! Any further questions i would be happy to answer offline! Sorry i couldn't answer all of them. Look forward to speaking with you soon. Many thanks for all your questions. Contact me on jennysmithmidwife@yahoo.com.
  • Options
    Thanks to Jenny for her fab answers and expert advice - and thanks too to babyexpert members for posting your questions. Jenny has kindly agreed to answer the outstanding questions she didn't manage to get to during the chat.
    And she'll be back next month in her monthly webchat slot as our expert midwife.
    Web Ed Nicola
  • Options
    Dear Flossom, If your midwife or obstetritian are happy with the size of your bump when they measure it there are no worries. Often women who are quite slim look much smaller from the outside and the fact that your baby is moving a lot is a good sign. Babies will grow much more after the 30 week mark as they begin to put on fat stores so you should notice your bump growing much more after this time. I don't think that you have anything to worry about but do attend your antenatal check ups regularly!
  • Options
    Dear Mummy chooch, Water for labour is excellent. In the early stages you can use water in your bath at home or a shower head on your back or front. This will not slow down your contractions however, if you wish to use a birth pool which submerges your abdomen completely, it is important that you do not go into it until you are approximately 5cm dilated. The reason for this is that use of the birth pool can slow your contractions down so it is advisable to go in only when you are strongly contracting. Usually in normal labour you will have your baby within 7 hours or less from entering the pool. Best wishes!
  • Options

heya jennie, just a quick question really if you can help... how will i no iv my waters have gone cos i went to the toilet twice yesterday not cos i felt like i needed it i dunno what it was and both times i had a trickle of clear water, so i put a pad in my nicks overnight and it was quiet dry this mornin, then this mornin had my normal wee, then about 20mins late i needed a number 2 (sorry dint no how to put it) and i had more trickling that i couldnt control really for a few seconds but it dint cross my mind to check what colour it was till after i had flushed... just a little concerned and dont wanna ring the hospital as i feel a pest as iv already been up there ones thinkin it was my waters and it wasnt but that was like 2weeks ago.... im really confused. also just been to the toilet now and not had any leaking since but had a really dar k green discharge which wasnt like jelly but still quiet thick. i havnt no pains other than aches i have had for several weeks. i really dont wanna goto the hospital if it is nothing as they are a little bit funny with me.

any suggestions.

natalie xxx:\?