Forum home Product Tests Expert Q&As
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Tuesday April 21st: toddler food webchat

2»

Replies

• Options
    Kia had a question regarding ???????lumpy??????? foods and how much toddler should be eating.

Lumpy foods: Many babies and toddlers really do not like lumpy foods and go straight from purees to finger foods (particularly those with reflux). There is no reason why toddler MUST eat lumpy foods. My advice in clinic and as a mum of a toddler who refused lumpy food is: Ideally, we want a child that eats a healthy, balanced diet with a variety of textures, but that is not always possible. Some children will prefer finger foods to lumpy foods - give them the foods that they like and build a varied diet around that.

How much should a toddler eat: See www.littlepeoplesplates.co.uk for a food diary that you can complete over one day or a week - this will give you an idea of how you are doing - but remember it is the intake over a period of time rather than one particular day that is important.

Take care

Carina
  • Options
    Dear All

I am going now - but thanks for your questions. I hope I helped with a few of your problems.

Enjoy your kids!

Carina