Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weaning - How quick?

Hi, my lo is five and half months. I started weaning two weeks ago and i'm wondering how quick has everyone increased feeds. I'm still only giving 1or 2 ice cubes once a day. Should i now be giving more often? Al x

Replies

• Options
    Its really difficult to answer cos LO's eat different amounts. If your LO is happy then one meal per day is fine up until 6 months.
    At 5 months milk is still the most important thing and "food" should be mainly about exploring different tastes/textures rather than being a proper meal.

My LO is 6.5 months old and is on 3 meals and 3 bottles per day, thats what suits him.
  • Options
    Hi guys,

My daughter is four months old and I am considering starting the weaning process soon. A family member is saying I should go for it and introduce solids at every meal so she gets used to the taste but health visitor says to wait until she is 6 months and not give her anything yet. How old were your lo when you started and how did you introduce it? Do you cut out milk to compliment the feed or give milk too? How do you know if your baby is ready?

Logie
  • Options
    Thanks pixie woo, i've started to increase the amounts i give lo as she has started wakin. But milk is still her main diet.
    Logie my lo was 5months when i started to wean. She was startin to take notice of us eatin and puttin her hands in her mouth all the time. Al