Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

penacalty/corned beef hash recipe

Can anyone tell me best way to make this and what I need... I have tried to google it, but there are so many different ways, and none sound like the way I remember it.. i havnt had it for ages and want to make it.
hope someone can help.. thanks girls
caz xx

Replies

• Options
    Mm i love this, i'm afraid tho i make it almost as a big stew & most people make it in the oven. I boil all the veg in a big pan (potato, turnip, carrot etc) anything you like really, then i add 2 tins of corned beef at the last minute & boil, then i serve it with mashed potato & buttered bread, lovely for a cold winters night, as there tends to be plenty too we normally save some for the day after & just add more corned beef to the pan (its normally even nicer the day after).

I think my mother in law tho uses peas, potato slices with corned beef & layers them in an ovenproof dish & cooks it in the oven which is also nice, but i am not an expert at this way (& its prob the way most people make it)

[Modified by: coxley on January 18, 2008 12:26 PM]
  • Options
    I boil potatoes and an onion together and mash with the corned beef and a little butter. Put it in the oven with a layer of sliced tomatoes over the top and allow to brown.

You can also cube the corned beef and saute with cubes of lightly boiled potato and fresh tomatoes.

Well, altogther thats 4 different recipes! I hope one of them is the one you're after, LOL.
  • Options
    this is a great monitor and pick up the slightes noise from your baby, you can get a lot of interfirance
  • Options
    the way i make it was told me by my grandma and is completely diff to these mentioned

peel your carrots, taties and other veg u want and put them all into a pan with a tin of corned beef and some herbs, a lump of butter and salt and pepper.

boil for an hour until everything is mushy (you dont lose the goodness tho as the water becomes part of it) and then let it cool down for a bit before eating....

when you find it can you let us know how its done?
    xxx