Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Jamie Oliver's Eat to Save Your Life

Did anyone watch it?
Scary thing is, I eat loads of ready meals due to being short on time and what not but try to pick the healthy option ones but didn't realise how much sugar and salt were in them. I bought one of those eat natural ranges from Sainsburys the other day thinking I was being really good then after watching that had a proper look on the label and realised there was a whopping 19.6g of sugar in it which is nearly your whole recommended intake for the day! Why do they have to fill everything with crap??
It certainly made me think twice now what I'll be choosing the next time I go to the supermarket....shame I'm such a terrible cook though lol.

Replies

• Options
    i know hun its mad how much crap is in so called healthy meals i was surprised by the eat natural range, luckily i have time to cook and enjoy cooking though weekends we sometimes eat ready meals, i will def be paying more attention in future!
    sometimes think these programs make u feel more guilty though, i had standard chicken guilt, takeaway guilt organic guilt all on top of everyday stuff to think about,lol xxx
  • Options
    Lol, that is true actually about the guilt trips. If we listened to everything they told us about food we'd all be living on lettuce leaves and water. Of course that would be organic lettuce and bottled water :lol:
  • Options
    lol!!
    must admit though that my older 2 think its a treat if i get them frozen pie for dinner (that wld be with standard chicken,non organic veg, and prob more salt than needed in a wk) oh the shame!! lol. xx

ur pic is soooo bloody cute! image
  • Options
    Hey don't worry about it, I've probably consumed my whole lifetimes worth of salt, sugar, hock burn chicken over the past few months alone...god I really need to make the effort to cook. Hubbys looking quite distressed at this thought image

Thanks for your comment, your little babe looks such a cutie too....is that a cowboy suit? Can't wait to get all that kind of stuff for Kade once he gets a bit older!
  • Options
    aw thanx hun, yes its a cowboy suit, took him for photos before xmas, he is a right little poser, def not camera shy,lol
    (he must get it from his dad,lol)