Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Gone off solids-Help!!

My lo is almost 7 months and has been having solids for about 5 weeks, I had been giving him all sorts of different things and everything seemed to be going well. Over the last couple of weeks things have changed and he is refusing to eat anything other than his breakfast, at lunch and dinner he just clamps his mouth shut and I cannot get the spoon in!! I have tried vegetable purees, receipes from Annabel Karmel, jars of food, pieces of bread and pieces of apple but he's not interested in anything. I have just been giving him breakfast and milk for the past couple of days but I don't know what to do or why he has suddenly stopped eating, any advice????? :\?

Replies

• Options
    Has there been anything he wasnt didnt like? Babies tend to go off everything even if it was one tiny little thing that they didnt like or was too hot or too cold etc.. or the only other thing i can think of it that you said you started weaning him 5 weeks ago..it sounds like you've introduced alot of things within 5 weeks...maybe its put him off? Sorry not much help!
  • Options
    My LO is only 6 months old so I can't speak from experience but some of the things I've read suggest that there are two main reasons why LO may go off solids:
    having a cold and/or teething

In the absence of either of those I'm afraid I'm a bit stumped.
    Hope he picks up again soon x
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies, he has been a little bit sniffy so perhaps he's had a bit of a cold and that's the reason why. These things are sent to try us!!