Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

purees & freezing them [also bad advice from HV]

hey,
if i pureed up carrots and froze them, how long would they last in the freezer? want to know when i can start making batches so im not totally overwhelmed when weaning starts !
thankies.

also: my nephew is 13 weeks old and his mum [my uncles g/f] has been giving him baby rice since 10 weeks old, on the advice of her HEALTH VISITOR as 'hes such a hungry baby and has a full bottle every 4 hours'... when quizzed further, this, 'full bottle' was a 4oz one ! not a huge 9oz one ! i was shocked. why would a HV tell my aunt to wean her 10 week old cos hes 'so hungry' when to me it is normal for a 10 week old to want at least 4oz every 4 hours? am i wrong? does this seem wrong to anyone else or is it just me? got into a big debate with the grandma about it. image

Replies

• Options
    I must admit I have never heard of a hv advising baby rice when they are only having a 4oz bottle!!

My son was having 8/9 bottles a day (admittedly some not fully finished) at a very early age and the hv tol me to just feed on demand.

He soon calmed down and now is 15 weeks old and is on 4 x 9oz bottles a day and I have just started him on baby rice as he is starting to want just that little bit more.

Leila x
  • Options
    with freezing food - it lasts for 6 weeks image
    make sure not to put in freezer until its cooled down and remove from trays and into container when frozen x
  • Options
    in the cow and gate booklet I got through the post today it said frozen food lasts 3 months! Did also say about letting it cool first.
  • Options
    i thought it was 3m too, having said that its usually all gone before that,lol
    xx