Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sandwiches

I want to start giving Kara some sandwiches and was wondering what fillings you all put in and what your lo's like? I don't generally eat sandwiches myself so I am kind of stuck on the plain ones like cheese/ham/jam etc. She is almost 15 months.

Thanks
Louise

Replies

• Options
    Hi Louise,

Joshua is 18 months and has been having sandwichs for either his lunch or dinner since he was 12 months old he loves them, he'd eat them all day if i let him!

He love's...
    tuna
    cheese (hard or spread)
    chicken
    ham
    salmon

I vary it so he has pitta or rolls not just sliced bread, he love's holding the mini pitta's! xxx
  • Options
    Sonny prefers rolls & pita over bread but he mostly has chicken or ham slices with a dairly lea slice or chicken & ham paste & a dairy lea slice. He loves dairy lea, lol

Other things to give spread on bread are, jam, hummous, peanut butter (if lo is over 12 months) marmite, tuna mayo, mashed up boiled egg,
    The list is endless really, just trial & error to see what lo prefers.
  • Options
    Thats great thanks. I will experiment to see what she likes. My MIL told me yesterday she once gave her a jam one and she ate it so I will try other stuff as well now.