Forum home Family life & relationships Food & recipes
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Recipe ideas

What are the best foods to eat whilst pregnant?? :\?

Replies

• Options
    lol. I cant stop laughing!!
  • Options
    Seriously though, I am getting really tired at night so I would like some quick foods to cook for a family. I can't keep making oven food, not nutricious enough and I am sick of rice, pasta and stir fries!!
  • Options
    Welll.....technically no...cos isn't she fattening her son up and I think he's a lil bit beyong baby stage.... LOL xxx
  • Options
    Ok then seriously...hav you made any stews or soups before? Asda do a stew pack of frozen vegetables, you boil it in flavoured stock(chicken, beef, vegetable), add meat if you want, or even dumplings?? xx
  • Options
    You whack it all in a pan n let it do its magic. I'm making one now! haha!!!
  • Options
    I am addicted to anything with jacket spud and salad at the minute....tonight its pork loin steaks with jacket spud and salad....tomorrow chilli and jacket spud the day after will be lasagne and jacket spud......it goes on.
  • Options
    make some spinach soup - it sounds shite, but it is delicious - shall i bore you with the recipe? And if your constipated it makes you shit like a trooper.
  • Options
    Good idea sazzyjay. I will make a huge chicken broth one day and that will do for three/four lazy days. You should see the size of my stock pot it is huge (if you get my meaning) lol
  • Options
    Any recipes for the opposite of constipation? I haven't had a 'firm stool' in days......
  • Options
    I'd like the recipe if no one else does!
  • Options
    Cous Cous is also nice...takes just 5 mins to cook image xx
  • Options
    Sorry - I meant the recipe for the Spinach soup - not the opposite of constipation!
  • Options
    Hehe my stock pot is pretty big...I can't wait for my stew...it has 2 huge dumplings in it yum yum!! What does spinach actually taste like? I'm a deprix=ved child LOL xx
  • Options
    I don't like cous cous, have some in the cupboard though!
    I didn't eat dinner last night cos was too tired. I made crumpets and cheese with salad! Claire Give us the spinach soup recipe. I love spinach and have some in the freezer!
  • Options
    Mmmmm......dumplings! I love spinach on pizza...
  • Options
    bloody hell I can't even spell!!!
  • Options
    Claire - are you trying to make me jealous?
    Ok Lottie - chop up 3 small potatoes, 2 leeks, 1 broccolli head, and a big onion, and cover with just enough water and put lid on. Boil them all with 2 chicken stock cubes and 1 veg and some white pepper. When that is all cooked after about 30 minutes put half a bag ful of spinach in and put the lid on and turn the heat off. Leave that for about 3 minutes for it to wilt down. Then tip in a small tub of low fat creme fraiche and blend. Job done, and it is fucking lovely.
  • Options
    I like stinging nettles too. That tastes like spinach (i think haven't eaten nettles since I was nine). Sazzyjay just buy some spinach from asda. It takes like three minutes to cook and is so good for you. It is nice in salad too. I usually steam my spinach, I have even added it too chinese food and curry!
  • Options
    Well Done Claire! You got your own little book at home??xx