Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

do men not just drive you mad

i hope you all ready for this coz mine has got me in a right mood. i dont ask him to do much about the house coz i only work parttime but i do expect him to help out so the deal we have is that i cook dinne and he washes dishes. then he has bath takes lo with him and i take har out and get her ready for bed. he then walks the dog. anyway tonight he came upstairs after walking the dog. i had lo up there while i was putting away laundry. he ask me if computer is on and comes through and surfing the net anyway i go downstairs with lo in tow only to find that he had only done half the dishes and left the pots all lying on the cooker so i sit lo down in laundry basket (she quite likes it in there.lol. and noisy crash about doing dishes. he comes down to see what is going on and says he must have missed them coz he rushed through dishes to come upstairs and give me a hand with lo what hand he was surfing the net while i done 5 things coz you must know like most of you i have 4 sets of hands eyes in the back of my head and broom up my arse (sorry). i am fuming and when i point it out im nagging well maybe i should just keep my mouth shut and get on with it. aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.:x

Replies

• Options
    I will keep this short as my back is killing me sitting here but i would kick his arse!!! I wouldnt make dinner tomarrow and when he askes where it is just reply that you mush have missed the shops on the way home! Bloody men are so inconsiderate sometimes! You have my sympathy! x
  • Options
    thanks gazno might just try that. they just dont seem to get it. you know he off work on monday and he got lo all day. i will be expecting dinner on the table when i come in. as if that going to happen. as if they can do 2 things at once.lol
  • Options
    Have u ever tried a standoff very childish i know but when i shared a house in college everyone refused to do dishes until someone broke! it was always me! now i know if i want a clean house i've gotta get on and clean it . dosent mean that i don't get pissed off n nag though
  • Options
    My heart goes out to you - yes men are very selfish!

I do pretty much everything in our house! We both work full time - so we have a cleaner once a week - but the rest of the stuff is down to me, washing, cooking, he gets home made lunches to take to work everyday, I sort out his breakfast - but he does work incredibly hard - has his own company - he can sometimes take it too far and ask me to get him a drink etc...and it's a bit like "you know where the bloddy fridge is!" but I still go and get it for him - still until I get my own bfp - he's my baby and always has been and I think he plays on it more now to get as much out of me as possible before the bfp shows and life changes!

I'm far too soft and he knows it! Plus he takes me out to eat 2 or 3 times a week some weeks - so I guess thats good because it means I get a night off - again something that will have to change in the future :lol:

Still - men are men and they will never change! He's convince I always nag him - and I'm convinced he's alway thoughtless and selfish......I guess it's just normal lol!

• Options
    i know. we really have to treat like a child. i think its because their mother mollycoddle them all of their life. i really dont expect him to do much. i cook dinner everynight even when im working, i do washing ironing etc. but i do expect him just to do the dishes and maybe help with lo when i could do with a wee break. i would just like him to ask now and again if im ok or tell me to sit down i look tired (coz i know i always do). aw well i think im just going to have to get on with it us woman always do .anyway good luck on the bfp hope it comes soon.xx
  • Options
    I know - I'm always saying he never asks how my day was, how I'm doing - he comes in and reals off a load of stuff about his job, his friends etc - then when I'm doing something and he says "you never told me" - I say "well you should of asked!" or "I did but you obviously weren't listening!" the latter of the the two is more frequent because he doens't listen as the tv is far more interesting than me! Or he tells me to shhh because it's a really important part of coronation street - I mean I ask ya - if it was the other way round do you think he'd care what I was watching when he desperatly has to tell me about work/freinds/car/family - no I have to listen and sod the program!
    But if I'm really poorly he will get takeaways and fetch me galsses of water etc - so I know he does care occasionally! I don't tend to get that poorly often - and I do have to be on sofa with dressing gown and blanket before he takes care of me! Still what would we do without them???? XXX
  • Options
    i know i couldnt be without him. i love him dearly and as you say when i make enough fuss about how tired i am or if im ill he does help. i know he can do it before bubba came along he used to get up early on a sunday morning and do my floors bring me a cup of tea etc. i though i was supposed to get more help when bubba came but seems to be the more i do the more he lets me do.
  • Options
    Maybe you should not do as much lol!!! See what happens! Or when he comes home gibe him bubba and say "see ya I'm off out - haven't done any house work as was getting ready so left it for you!!!" Even if you just walk down the road and come back again - he'd get the hint!!! lol!!! Men don't know they are doing it unless they are told - they aren't in tune like women are!!! XXX
  • Options
    You ladies make me realise what a gem Ive got I do most of the house work as I only work weekends but come in from work and hes done all the washing and cooked my tea and is playing with lo as shes going to bed soon oh and he massaged my back yesterday sorry to gloat.
  • Options
    Wow i do feel sorry for all you girls. I have to say I am very lucky. My oh was in the Navy so is very domesticated and house trained. He never complains if something isn't done and he uses his initiative. He is also a qualified chef and fireman so I get good meals cooked for me on his days off and a fair bit of DIY done.
    Sorry to here about your men. Send them off to boot camp!! LoL. X X X
  • Options
    do you think it's too late to trade in my o/h for a navy man!! lol!! no, damn it i love him too much;\)
    he just lost his job so he looks after the kids when i'm at work, but thats it, i still do all the house work and make tea and he'll only see to the kids if i'm not there (aaaaaarrrrrgh)
    he did take the kids to feed the ducks yesterday and has started to make up the l/o's bottles so maybe he will start making more of an effort x. (let's hope!)
  • Options
    well my oh did get up early this morning and athen asked my if I wanted breakfst or a cup of tea - nearly fell out of bed!!! Lol - thought of this post straight away and thought - typical just as I have been telling everyonehow lazy he is lol!!! Still made nice change - I said no all the same as I wanted an extra hour in bed - he came back to bed an hour later for a cuddle too which was nice - so a very lazy morning indeed!!!lol!!! XXX
  • Options
    I am ready to throttle mine at the moment but not sure if its hormones or not?! He's normally so good and so nice but today hes doing my head in! I am ready to scream lol