Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Daft qn about Hollyoaks pregnancy

I was lying in bed last night thinking about pregnancy tests - you know how much we love those little sticks ttc girls - and it occurred to me that for "pregnant" to have come up on Mercedes' digital pg test they must have got a real pg woman to pee on it first and then hand it to her! image . Or can you simulate it somehow?

I was also thinking that it was a bit unrealistic for someone like Mercedes, who is the Queen of Primark (not knocking it; I am partial to a bit of a rummage in that particular jumble sale myself) to spend ??11 on a digi test when she could have spent ??4 on a Tesco one (like me).

ALSO - Tony must have SUPER spermies - that's four babies he's fathered by accident now! :lol:

Replies

• Options
    Lol @Tony and his super spermies! It is a bit unrealistic but not as bad as Violet's in Coronation St. She had a positive test about 7 days after they did the deed (with a turkey baster) and she fell first time, went for a scan at 4 weeks and saw a heartbeat and everything clearly..even I know that's a load of ol tosh and I aren't even up t'duff yet! They must've got someone to pee on it for her. lol.
    xxx
  • Options
    I haven't watched Hollyoaks this week but it all sounds abit unrealistic, her and Tony must be very fertile since as far as I know they only slept together once.
    As for violet yes it's abit unbelievable she fell first time with a turkey baster.
    Maybe that's where all of us ttc have been going wrong, we need to start having one night stands or using turkey basters.
  • Options
    Its fair wee while since I've done a pregnancy test but is there not a warning on them that even if it's false, if you keep it for long enough it might show a positive? I was a fan of the cheap tests myself though, can't imagine the expensive ones being like that
  • Options
    didnt they sleep together like 2 weeks ago?? its very unrealistic, but then we are talking about the town where everyone is beautiful!!!
  • Options
    And where the temperature never drops below 25c as they all walk about it strappy tops and mini skirts (and that's just the boys, lol)
  • Options
    lol - i just said the same thing to my oh - said jokingly (i should get a job on hollyoaks, me being so thin and beautiful lol)

and because its so unrealistic why cant she just tell her sister she shagged Tony, and is pregnant and for a few Thousand pounds she will sell her the baby lol!

oh the soaps are great!

where do you get those pregnancy tests any way that come up pregnant? i just bough a cheapo one and there were like 5 tests in the packet and you just peed in a jar!
  • Options
    that is such a good future storyline!!!!! are you a hollyoaks writer??? i could write for soaps, that would be a cool job and lets face it any job would do at mo, thinking of going for england manager! cant do a worse job than old stevie boy!!!
  • Options
    Hi

I thought exactly the same thing, its so un realalistic, also Violet on coronation street really wound me up.

Annette
  • Options
    well well, what do you know did you see it last night?? jackie wants her sisters baby!! i think i should move to soapland, cos loads of them dont work, but still have money/go out drinking/have nice clothes that are always the new fashions!
  • Options
    no she doesn't want her sisters baby - her mum has offered to have a baby for her!

now did you watch emmerdale - Katies has fallen pregnant after one shot from a turkey baster to lol

• Options
    no she wants her sisters baby that is actually merc and tony's, they slept together in real time about two weeks ago but apparently in soapland it was 6 weeks ago.

her mum did offer but she aid know that she wants her to be the nan?!

Then tonight merc went and had an abortion! b*@!h, but apparently Tina offers to do it.
  • Options
    Wow its so great isn't it!! Hahaha!
    I don't watch Emmerdale but whats this with Katie and the turkey baster? Is she having a gay-by too like Violet from Corrie. Its all the rage now isn't it!! xxx
  • Options
    lol - no she is having a baby for her friend, but her friends husband is gay well not really he is married to a woman and has sex with men (what do you call that) but her friend is seeing another man and is planning to run away with him once the baby is born!

I must of missed a couple of episodes of hollyoaks!