Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

what the perfect age gap between 1st baby and second

i have got a 11 month old daughter but me and my boyfriend are thinking of havin another baby but my family and friends says it to early to have another 1 and to enjoy my daughter while she a baby

Replies

• Options
    Hello,
    I have two years between each of my three children, It was a very busy time when they were toddlers/babies but I didnt miss out on watching them grow just because I had another baby, you tend to try and really involve the older child in the experience of having a new sibling so it all worked out well for me and my brood.
    It is down to personal preference though, I know a couple who waited 7 years befor trying for baby no'2 so that they didnt miss out on their first childs milestones.
    Whatever you decide I'm sure it will be the right decision for you and your family xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    thanks alot my family also think it a bit much for me as im only 17 nearly 18 but i think i cud cope ok but my family just keep sayin waitmy brother said he would disown me if i was to have another baby yet xx
  • Options
    I think about 3 years is suficient because then you wouldn't have to worry about a double buggy or 2 children in nappies. Thats my logic anyway. My daughter is 16 months so I think I will wait util she is just over 2 to start trying again.
  • Options
    it doesnt bother me about havin to push a double buggy i just thing it wud be nice 2 have two really close
  • Options
    hey babe,
    I did actually enjoy having a double buggy(insane I know lol!!!)
    And I am glad I had two years between each of mine, somehow I think its made them closer and now I have no nappies, pushchairs or bottle as my eldest is 3yrs.....,well thats until the summer when we hopefully try for no'4 lol lol.
    As I said if its right for your family, go for it.
    If I may(with out sounding like Im nagging) I will just add that You are still young...are you sure you have done everything you want to in life???? I had my first at 20yrs old and at the moment Im wishing a little that Id had a bit more fun, holidays, time out and a good career...not that I regret having my brood but still....sometimes I wonder.
    Whatever you decide make sure its what you want babe.
    Take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    hiya, i have two daughters 1yr 1 wk apart and i love it!we love it that much we are ttc nu 3, so there will be a yr between each of my 3 if ttc goes well. my family thought i was mad to ttc nu 2 so close never mind nu 3, but its what me and oh want and at the end of the day its not them who will be raising them so its not up to them! image GL xxx
  • Options
    I have 3 boys

1st when I was 18 - then 14 months later my second at 19 almost 20 then 18 months later my 3rd at 21. I love having my boys close together. If you feel you can cope and ur partner is gonna give you support emotionally and physically (helping with ur toddler when u are heavily pg) then its up to u. My mum said she'd disown me if I had another but now Im on my 3rd!!! and she loves them t bits. If u feel ur family means it then weigh up the options of loosing family members or waiting for a lil while longer to have number 2 but just remember that its ur decision babe. Good luck take care xx xx
  • Options
    our daughter will be 5 wen nxt lo arrives... perfect 4 us.. as she has jst started skool... she can help out, fetch things, bath baby, dress herself, chat 2 baby and feel like the important big sister!!!!!... so in a rush on skool days, she is able 2 gt herslef ready, while i gt baby ready.. then i have the day with baby, and evenings with both of em- a break 4 all of us.. as a 5 yr old she needs as mch time with her friends as her family-
  • Options
    our daughter will be 5 wen nxt lo arrives... perfect 4 us.. as she has jst started skool... she can help out, fetch things, bath baby, dress herself, chat 2 baby and feel like the important big sister!!!!!... so in a rush on skool days, she is able 2 gt herslef ready, while i gt baby ready.. then i have the day with baby, and evenings with both of em- a break 4 all of us.. as a 5 yr old she needs as mch time with her friends as her family-