Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Cat's and babies

We have 2 cats that are very much our babies (3 years old). I was wondering if anyone has any advice of how to stop the cats from jumping in cot's, moses baskets etc.

We don't restrict where they go in the house and never have closed doors, but I have this fear of one of the jumping in the cot/moses basket and smoothering the baby when I'm not looking.

Any tips/advice on dealing with cat's with babies would be great :\)

Replies

• Options
    what we did wth our was let them in the nursery with us and every time they tried to get into the cot, take them out and say no. 2 of them still try it on.

baby is still in our room and they now dont go in her cot in there at all, after all this! but i wouldnt leave them in a room alone with the baby as they like to lie next to her. re: the moses basket they tried and tried to go in there, but only if she wasnt in there.

so, basically, we failed! they love the baby and she will stroke them in her own way (she's 6 months) but i still would never leave them alone with her. we have 3. all under 3. one has become very stressed since dd arrived and is peeng in the house image so the vets ahve out her on calming tablets.
  • Options
    i would say shut the bedroom when baby sleeping. when our Lo was a baby none of our cats went near her moses basket which was in the living room, as for a night time, the cats wouldnt come upstairs as that was where the dog was.